Map Jam 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Map Jam 9

Sometime after July 22nd a huge pack of new Q1SP levels will be available. You can read more about it below. There are a lot of very high quality entries in the works and the screenshots are looking amazing. The Jam will require Quoth which you can download here: https://www.quaddicted.com/reviews/quoth2pt2full.html

If you haven't tried it, Quoth is a blast. Be prepared for the Jam ahead of time and stay tuned for links when the pack is ready.

Here are some screens from Twitter;

https://twitter.com/hashtag/mapjam9?src=hash
    Screenshot, description, tags, comments for the Quake map quoth2pt2full.zip - Quoth 2.2 by Preach, necros, Kell
    Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

This one is going to be cool. All of the map jams have produced amazing maps, including some of my personal favourites. I think the time constraints on jams make it hard for mappers to finish things, so smaller maps are the way to go. Some authors clearly have more time. For this reason I think all of the jam maps are excellent in their own right. Its hard to think that its been like 15 years since Contract Revoked.

Comment

What I love about Quake 21 years on, is that from day 1 it was all about MP for me. LAN multiplayer and a little QW. I played very few SP mods or even maps back "in the day" so playing Contract Revoked, Quoth and all these classic Q1SP maps gives Quake a whole new dimension for me. (Pun intended.)

Speaking of smaller maps in jams. Mine has large areas but should be about 5 -10 minutes of play time. I wanted to keep it as simple as possible and have time to pretty it up. I will post screenshots soon. Still lighting it.

Oh and Quoth is really great too. This will not me my last map for the mod.

Comment

all of the screenshots look great so far <3

also, looks like ll textures that are used are ones which ive remade in HD in the past,
        so one mapjam9 gets released, an HD texture-pack should be able to be released in no-time
        are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
        > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
        everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
          all of the screenshots look great so far <3

also, looks like ll textures that are used are ones which ive remade in HD in the past,
          so one mapjam9 gets released, an HD texture-pack should be able to be released in no-time
          Can you link to some screenshots of HD Knave textures please? And also, what engine would be recommended for this HD version? I cringe at the thought of someone playing a level I've spent 100 hours on looking like utter shit. This is not to say it CAN'T look great with HD textures but I'd like a sneak peak. Also the wad file we're using is readily available here: http://www.quaketastic.com/files/mis...es_prefabs.zip

Comment

sure, there's multiple maps with knave textures that ive made HD textures for in the past
            http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...es-for-sp-maps

like "conference of the shamblers", the arcanum episode, "for my babies: bitte dun gorne" & red777,
            as well as several drake-maps by tronyn, which contain lots of knave textures
            are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
            everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

talisa those look great! Yes looks like you have the majority of what will be used already completed. Wow that's a lot of work too!

Comment

thanx, glad you like them and to hear you approve of my HD textures

and yeah, ive done many maps in the past that use the knave texture-set,
                so i probably have about 75% of textures in the texture-set thats used for map-jam 9 already done

and yeah it was a lot of work..... ive spent countless hours making textures in the past,
                ive made over 2000 textures over time across all the maps for which ive made HD textures
                Last edited by talisa; 07-14-2017, 06:39 PM.

Comment

UPDATE: The deadline for the Jam has been extended so this will not be released until after July 26th. Will post links here when it is ready.

Comment

I have done a compilation called Knave Universal: as the name suggests, it includes 90% of textures with Knave texture set, it has all the ones made by Talisa and some others done by me. The idea was to have a unique .pk3 file to cover all the maps that use that theme to avoid having too much texture packs in the quake folder. I would like to upload it soon but unfortunately I have some troubles on Internet connection and cannot even upload a 1MB file without crashing. Talisa interested to take a look at this pack? I can make a friend upload it for me otherwise in next week I should have a new internect connection
                    Make Quake Great Again

Comment

ive been busy collecting all knave textures from all my texture-packs and making new ones,
                      which currently covers 80% of textures of the texture-wad dumptruck_DS provided

but sure, throw me what you have in a PM and ill see if you maybe have textures i didnt make yet

its always nice to get help with these humongous texture-packs that have over 500+ textures
                      Last edited by talisa; 07-28-2017, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Allright, but it can take some days since I have troubles with internet connection as I've written in previous post, I can give the file to a friend tomorrow and see if he can upload it for me somewhere. Alternatively if you are already doing your version, I can extract only textures you haven't done yet and upload the file (since small files should not be a problem)
                        Make Quake Great Again

Comment

that could work too..... here's a pic with list of all textures that ive done so far: http://i.imgur.com/fqVvr70.png
                          so that you can see which textures ive already done and only pack up the textures that i havent already done

i already finished 405 textures myself so far (obviously not counting luma's)

Comment

Some updated info here. I suspect we are still hours away - hopefully not days...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XCr8FvmF3k

Comment

Originally posted by talisa View Post
                              that could work too..... here's a pic with list of all textures that ive done so far: http://i.imgur.com/fqVvr70.png
                              so that you can see which textures ive already done and only pack up the textures that i havent already done

i already finished 405 textures myself so far (obviously not counting luma's)
                              That list surely helps a lot, I'm moving the textures not in that list in an archive, then I'll send the file
                              Make Quake Great Again

Comment

Working...
                              X