No announcement yet.

Map Jam 9

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ArrrCee ~ "red crystal of some sort/containers of red crystal...whatever they are" in video - Brimstone Mine segment

I'm just guessing but, I'm going to say it's uhhhhhh... Brimstone.
    http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

A 15 maps pack ?
      Whoow, that is quite a number
      Congrats to all the people involved !

All the Best,
      Seven

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
        ArrrCee ~ "red crystal of some sort/containers of red crystal...whatever they are" in video - Brimstone Mine segment

I'm just guessing but, I'm going to say it's uhhhhhh... Brimstone.
        Good guess!

Comment

uhm...... i seriously doubt this is supposed to be possible

was playing shotro's map and i somehow managed to skip 90% of the level and get to the boss early,
          and i didnt perform any crazy jumps or do rocketjumps or such

EDIT: here's a demo i just recorded showing how i got to the boss so fast: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...VdqM3d6Mkc4SGs
          there was even a downwards-pointing arrow on the wall to left telling the player they needed to go down,
          so i naturally assumed that when i looked straight down and saw a platform right below me, that was the way i was supposed to go
          Last edited by talisa; 08-15-2017, 10:16 AM.
          are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
          > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
          everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

ShoTro's map is sort of like "Groundhog Day" you play thru the map 4x and re-start to open up other areas. I think it;s super creative in a ton of ways but he breaks the game's "visual" language and logic quite often. Still the more you play it the more you will get used to it. It's wild... to be sure.
            Secret Level - Quake fandom & my custom levels

Comment

Here's Part 2!

Comment

I'm getting lots of game ending errors. Missing power ups, empty secrets, broken switches, doors & platforms. I'm using Quakespasm 0.92, Quoth 2.2, & MiniQL in Win7SP1. I never had any problems with the first 8 Map Jams. I just noticed Quoth requires the -hipnotic flag to be set but I never had any noticeable problem with it. Anybody have any ideas?

Comment

What's your full commandline? The -hipnotic flag only enables the Hipnotic HUD AFAIK, so I don't think it's the source of your problems.
                  ♪ I'm skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain, just skiiiiiiinnin' in the pain ♪
                  ♪ What a glorious feelin' I'm haaaaaaappy again ♪

Comment

quakespasm.exe -game ContractRevoked -width 1440 -height 900 -bpp 32 -quoth -heapsize 640000 +skill 2 +map start

I only tried the -hipnotic flag once and it didn't seem to do anything. I tried with & without -heapsize. I updated to Mapjam9.2 but it didn't help. I still haven't been able to complete any of these maps.

Comment

reading your issues above tells me Quoth is not loading and looking at your cmd line I can see it's out of place.

should be -quoth -game ContractRevoked -width 1440 -height 900 -bpp 32 -heapsize 640000 +skill 2 +map start

Quakespasm is supposed to recognize that Quoth uses the Hipnotic HUD. As a reminder, jam9 should be it's own directory in your Quake directory. You should not have placed them into an old version of ContractRevoked or any other directory. Unless you renamed jam9 to ContractRevoked.

please make sure and read the readme if you haven't

OR you could check out the new version of Simple Quake Launcher and forget about command lines etc. It's pretty cool and a very helpful program if you have a bunch of mods. https://sourceforge.net/projects/simplequakelauncher/
                      Last edited by dumptruck_ds; 08-30-2017, 06:15 PM. Reason: added SQL info

Comment

D'oh!

I found the problem. I had the -quoth folder renamed -quoth2. I deleted the 2 and everything is okay now.

Comment

Since it came up, I was wondering what's different about the hipnotic HUD. I've played through mp1 dozens of times and never noticed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cannon Fodder View Post
                            Since it came up, I was wondering what's different about the hipnotic HUD. I've played through mp1 dozens of times and never noticed it.
                            I think it has room for more weapons and powerups than the regular HUD. From the readme: "The -hipnotic option enables the Scourge Of Armagon HUD layout that we have utilized for our powerups and weapons. You do not need to have Scourge Of Armagon installed for this to work."

Comment

Late, but worth the wait. The Official Jam 9 trailer. https://youtu.be/bpjW6655z5o

Comment

coincidentially i just happen to have finished an HD texture-pack for mapjam9 earlier today:
                                http://quakeone.com/forum/quake-mod-...787#post276787

>link to an album with pics of all maps<
                                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Working...
                                X