Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mark V - Ultimate Mouse Driven Menu Edition

Download - Mark V DirectX 9 Version 1050 - Download Link

Do you want to use an awesome mouse driven menu that is exactly the same as the classic Quake menu?

Read more: http://celephais.net/board/view_thre...375&start=1835

Here is a YouTube when it was in prototype, the final version is far nicer! https://youtu.be/pWyFltQ-wRY

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Slot Zero said "Had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't April."
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ah cool, it triple posted.

Still, it is far more relevant to Quake than Free Essays.

And hey, if you want to reply to the "Free Essays" dude, don't let me interfere with your fun --- knock yourself out!

Comment

Thanks for your hard work Baker, I'll try and give it a run this coming weekend.
            Kind regards

Mr.B
            Mr.Burns
            "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
            WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
            Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

This is pretty damn nice, Baker. Good job!

edit: Wow, 1 entire minute for this 1 sentence post to finish submitting. Is this server on a floppy disk?
              Last edited by MadGypsy; 03-06-2018, 10:49 AM.
              http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

maybe its running on a server from '96?

its all about that retro 56k modem feel, right?
                are you curious about what all there is out there in terms of HD content for quake?
                > then make sure to check out my 'definitive' HD replacement content thread! <
                everything that is out there for quake and both mission-packs, compiled into one massive thread

Comment

Hi Baker,
                  I did give this engine a try over the weekend and generally I have to say it was very true to the original look and feel of Quake but with the added bonus of better lighting and weapon effects so very good job sir! I'm always a firm believer that helpful and constructive feedback helps dev build even better apps, and therefore I hope you wont mind me saying that the only 2 tiny niggles I encountered so far were as follows:

1. When running a demo in the background, if I go to the single player > maps option it stutters and slideshows for a bit (3-4 secs), presumably while it is reading in the contents of my fairly well populated maps directory.
                  2. I can now no longer rocket jump properly as it doesnt seem to get any real height. Maybe its a config issue or some mouse sensitivity problem but If I immediately swap over to your Proquake engine on the same machine it is as fluid and silky smooth as ever and I can RJ to my hearts content.

Like I say it's no biggy for me, I just hope it helps.
                  I'll try it out with a few more mods and servers over the forthcoming weekend. chores permitting

Kind regards
                  Mr.B
                  Mr.Burns
                  "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                  WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                  Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by MadGypsy View Post
                    This is pretty damn nice, Baker. Good job!

edit: Wow, 1 entire minute for this 1 sentence post to finish submitting. Is this server on a floppy disk?
                    Thanks MadGypsy! The cool thing about our mutual relationship is that the "straight up" is a heart-felt one, haha.

That being said, there is are 2 more parts to come. One within the next 24 hours. Another within the next week.

These are going to change everything. Funny thing is that I don't even need to say this, the fun part will be watching shock waves, it's going to be funny. It may be slow at first, which I prefer, because I like engine coding for the comedy factor. I think hitting a mountain and just making a small crack is funny.

Then Part 3 and Part 4, but those are probably 2019).

@ talisa: Exactly.

@burns - If you have ton of maps, the levels menu loads incrementally. It leads to sound studder. The alternatives are to rudely start digging through your maps on game load, maybe in the background. I get what you say, and may address that at some point (I have tons of maps too!)

I can't explain the rocket jump height thing ... but you have my attention on that! I'll need to test that out.

Quake may be in bit of rubble at the moment. The funny thing is that moments don't last.

Comment

Touchscreen/iPad/iPhone support ...

http://celephais.net/board/view_thre...375&start=1835

Not just touch screen support --- but a user interface for touchscreens like an iPad that rivals Minecraft's mobile editions.

Comment

Who is this clown with the goatee?
                        Last edited by bluntz; 04-19-2018, 07:52 PM.
                        WARNING
                        May be too intense for some viewers.
                        Stress Relief Device
                        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                        ---------------------------
                        .--------------------------

Comment

Working...
                        X