Shmack Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shmack Now

Anybody up for some RuneQuake? I'm gonna be at Shmack now for a little bit.

quake.shmack.net port 26000
    uakene.com

Hey Frenzy ... harder to catch a game these days.

Also you would probably need 4 average players otherwise you'd just chase 1 or 2 players off the server.

Obligatory spam test:

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Sadly, that's a common problem these days. With so few MP players around it doesn't take someone of Frenzy's skill level more than a few mins to clear the server of players. That man can evacuate a map faster than a fire alarm . That's obviously no reflection on Frenzy whatsoever, and nor is it on the players who don't enjoy being fragged every 0.00072354 nanoseconds I recall back on the Bigfoot server we did get more patronage when Peg, Polarite, Sir Henry and other very skilled players started to play only to the level of their opponents. Now that doesn't suit everyone but it did mean they could get at least some form of game rather than an empty server and their opponents gradually improved .Naturally I followed suit but admittedly it wasn't such a drop in skill level for me

it's just a pity that we can't get some of the higher skilled players (who do still drop in from time to time) to synchronise their calendars and have a good old fashioned quake battle together. Imagine it,.... Frenz, Phen, Baker, Dude, Loaded, Stalker (euro version), Stalker (US version), Polarite, Killa, etc all in one server, fighting for supremecy and to quench that blood lust for just a couple of hours every first Saturday of each month. It wouldn't have to be on Shmack, I know Runequake doesn't suit everyone, as FFANY would be available.

Kind regards
      Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

[sigh] Yet another Spammer for the ignore list. Farewell.
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 05-15-2018, 08:04 AM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

I'm down. Set up a date. Even though mr. Burns isn't familiar with me because i never played runes, those in the CAx world would still be able to show bruises and mental health bills.

So basically quake classic MP and net presence is finally dead for good?
          "When I was your age, we used to rocket jump all the way to school, up hill both ways - IN BOILING LAVA!"

Comment

Hi rev
            Well, I certainly hope not but its fair to say that Quake is not in the best of health :/
            I get the impression that there are still players around but they can never seem to be able to find each other online to get a game, and when one gets a game the skill levels are often so mismatched that it tends to end in a matter of minutes. I wonder if enough players would be interested in have a regular Quake get together. As mentioned in the example earlier in the thread one suggestion was to have a couple of hours at an agreed time on perhaps the first Saturday of each month to see if there's some life left in the Online Multiplayer side of this cherised old game? Is there anyone other than rev up for this?

Kind regards
            Monty
            Mr.Burns

Comment

Working...
            X