What happened to this website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What happened to this website?

It's really sad, once this site died Quake officially died, how did this just become a forum page?

Not sure. It's less than a one-in-ten chance that the site works for me so that I can post (but almost no one else seems to have this problem), plus Steve seems to have given up on updating it, so I gave up a while back.

Comment

Unfortunately I would have to agree, much to my chagrin the QuakeOne.com site is in a pretty poor state IMHO, and although quite a number of people have expressed their concern it appears you are right and no one is really listening so like you I'm visiting increasingly less often.

As far as Quake (the game) goes, it might be on life support but Quake is not quite dead.. yet There are still a lot of maps being produced, Arcane Dimensions is in full flow. The Quake Grave YouTube channel get together on a Sunday night seems to have more people each week., the func message board, Quaddicted and Quaketastic are still going strong, and quite a number of nice familiar Quake faces have now joined http://nextgenquake.com . I was a supporter and frequent visitor to this site but given its state for the last year or more you can't blame the remaining active members of the Quake community for trying alternatives. In my experience NextgenQuake.com is completely spam and bot free, has lots of features, is well managed and maintained with new Quake related tools coming on line as they are developed and tested, and at the point in time is generally a nice place for the community to be.

That said, Sole, Baker, Yellow, Mindz and the admins/mods put a lot of work in to this site over the years which I am grateful for and I only hope Steve, etc are all okay.and nothing unfortunate has befallen any of them.

Kind regards
      Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

supp monty?

Comment

Hi Lefty, good to see you're still around. I hope things are going well but you do realise that you have probably missed out on 185 frags in the time it took you to type that post

I hope to see you either on Shmack, newdm or NextGenQuake.com good sir. Just go easy on the old hpb

Take care.
          Monty
          Mr.Burns
          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"

Comment

I need to dig up my files and get back on sometime... it would be fun to have a reunion! cheers mate!

Comment

Let me know if you need anything.
              Mr.Burns

Comment

It is sad to see, quakeone kept quake alive for a lot of people.

Comment

when did the change happen and why

Comment

Unfortunately this site has pretty much slipped into the grave, it's only a matter of time before someone starts shoveling in the dirt. I really wish Solecord would put this site back to its original state and leave it be. This plain ole jane site is just killing the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by wicked_lord View Post
                      This plain ole jane site is just killing the forum.
                      More like it's killing my vibe man. Well, at the very least I can write posts in comic sans.
                      Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebisu View Post
                        More like it's killing my vibe man. Well, at the very least I can write posts in comic sans.
                        I had no idea you could change the font, just shows how much I pay attention to detail.

Comment

Somebody ask for a shovel?
                          Chuck

Comment

Are the old site admins more or less gone? Maybe they could transfer power to someone with time to work on the site, and bring it up to date.

Comment

I have a sneaky suspicion at least one admin pops in from time to time as the sheer amount of spam that was being posted here seems to have been somehwat reduced . However, I'm not sure of Sole's status for a couple of years now and it seems his last visit was mid 2018. I genuinely hope he is okay.
                              If it is of any help there are a couple of sites you could add to QuakeOne.com in your Quake Bookmarks section:
                              1. some of us tend to hang out at nextgenquake.com to get our fill of all things Quake, and
                              2. there's also an active mapping community at func, and
                              3. Arrrcee's excellent Youtube Quake Grave channel and his Discord chat forums.

So Quake is still hanging in there if you know where to look

Kind regards
                              Mr.B
                              Mr.Burns

Comment

Working...
                              X