No announcement yet.

What happened to this website?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I check in from time to time, but the more I come on here, the less I want to, I never see anyone active on servers, I even left my game open for 6 hours on a sever earlier this month and not a single person popped in. I am typically busy with work life in general but when I have a few minutes I would love to get a game going.

Comment

Yeah, the site feels like it's lost a lot of focus. I'd really like to take over if Solecord has decided to depart from the scene. It's a great community with awesome contributions, I'd hate to see it receive anything but the best!
      QuakeOne.com
      Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
      Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
      Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Don't give up just yet

Comment

This site has been like this for 2 years. It would be great if Quakeone came back, but at some point you have to realize that the chances are slim to none. Having Phenom take over is a great idea. It was a great idea to let him help fix the site 2 years ago.
          http://www.nextgenquake.com

Comment

Comment

Thanks Monte
              WARNING
              May be too intense for some viewers.
              Stress Relief Device
              ....BANG HEAD HERE....
              ---------------------------
              .--------------------------

Comment

Miss the unemployed years
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

Man, like all things in life people grow up, and generations pass by, but hardly anybody holds the torch from their past generation.
                  I still play Quake to this day, for my own sake and fun. Alot of cool spots that were the epicenter for gaming and FPS have closed years ago, and aftea that everybody started to forget.
                  Places like Gamespy, Planetquake, NGI (or IGN) were essential spots, and my memory is probably forgetting a few more 'cause it's been so many years by now.

Without the motivation and the passion, and the clans, the fun and the mindset that pushed players into play, games like Quake, aswell as its lovely dedicated places like this one, are destined to be a nostalgic treasure for us last fans standing. :')

Comment

I actually ended up hopping back on with some friends the other day. We did some 1vs but didn't see a soul online. Really enjoyed playing so decided to see if there was an active community. This doesn't appear to be it but msg the attached profile if interested. I'm not great but play for nostalgia. The new ones just don't have what 1 does. What a great game it is

Comment

Hey if you guys want to play, there is a mini resurrection happening on the Quake 1 discord here, guys playing nightly, come join:

https://discord.gg/8gMEEQh

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
                        Hey if you guys want to play, there is a mini resurrection happening on the Quake 1 discord here, guys playing nightly, come join:

https://discord.gg/8gMEEQh
                        Excellent, just joined in!

Comment

Haven't played in awhile but started up recently. Picked up the new SMC and I noticed I'm currently rolling without some of the Glossy textures some one modded / created. It'd be nice to have them if anyone can share. FCZ Glossy is what I remember them being called but that could have been just a name to order it in my folder

Really miss the ole yellowish brown theme this site had of the grunt / spacemen stages.

edit; Actually fixed the glossy issue they weren't missing guess I wasn't used to playing with compression on.
                          Last edited by Nickelbawker; 05-27-2019, 06:06 PM.

Comment

I think it's kind of a shame that people point to Discord servers as a not-so-bad explanation for how the community is still alive. I use Discord to some extent, but I'd be lying to you if I said that platform wasn't cannibalizing the last remnants of the once decentralized net. For all the years of forum drama, and ridiculing the stereotypes that come with the territory, it really is a crying shame what's become of forum ilk given the much worse alternative of having to rely on multinational advertising corporations with shady terms of service, which is the future we are living in. Despite all of this, I will continue to post here occasionally as long as the site is around.
                            Quake is for nerds.

Comment

Originally posted by Ebisu View Post
                              I think it's kind of a shame that people point to Discord servers as a not-so-bad explanation for how the community is still alive. I use Discord to some extent, but I'd be lying to you if I said that platform wasn't cannibalizing the last remnants of the once decentralized net. For all the years of forum drama, and ridiculing the stereotypes that come with the territory, it really is a crying shame what's become of forum ilk given the much worse alternative of having to rely on multinational advertising corporations with shady terms of service, which is the future we are living in. Despite all of this, I will continue to post here occasionally as long as the site is around.
                              I'd rather some remnant than no remnant. The current alternatives aren't appealing (this website included).

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post

I'd rather some remnant than no remnant. The current alternatives aren't appealing (this website included).

Tal....is that you?

Comment

Working...
                                X