Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Location of files which was uploaded by a DarkPlaces server

Hi.

When I connect to a server and it uses maps which I don't have installed, it tries to automatically upload them on my machine. In what exact location does it store those maps?

Thanks.

Have you checked [driveletter]:\quake\darkplaces\maps or [driveletter]:\quake\darkplaces\Id1\maps ?
    Kind regards
    Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

In my case the files is installed in the id1 directory. I wonder, will the directories and files be merged/rewritten if they already exist in this directory? Also, does the server has the access to other directories in the file system, for example, the system ones?

Comment

Originally posted by L1R1 View Post
        In my case the files is installed in the id1 directory. I wonder, will the directories and files be merged/rewritten if they already exist in this directory? Also, does the server has the access to other directories in the file system, for example, the system ones?
        Hi L1R1
        I suppose from a dev perspective the exe you are running in theory could access anything you can access. However, in the absence of any responses from hardcore DP users it might be worth contacting Lord Havoc directly to get a definitive answer, try https://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/email.html.

Hope this helps

Mr.B
        Last edited by Mr.Burns; 12-13-2019, 01:32 AM.
        Mr.Burns
        "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
        WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
        Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Thanks, Mr. Burns. I appreciate your help.

Comment

Working...
          X