The Death of Widomaker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scar3crow
    I play Quake to shoot things and be shot at.

And only take 5 damage from falling.
    We've had a lot of side plots, admin abuse, admin of server 1 tries to screw admin of server 2, a LOT of flame wars ... the works!

Shows that people care a lot about the game (b) (b)

And that is the just the Shmack/Widomaker/DeadZone/Beatdown stories.

A lot of exciting history/funny flame wars at the IHOC servers, stories with Max people who abandoned caplus.mtown.com, DarkZone banning by admins who were terrible players, other servers.

The Gooland stories were before my time and so were a lot of the Widomaker stories.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

DarkZone banning by admins
      Lol, if you kicked any kinda ass without camping you were automatically banned. It was sort of a "rite of passage to wido" because we got a lot of players from them that had been banned because they were too good.
      Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
        Lol, if you kicked any kinda ass without camping you were automatically banned. It was sort of a "rite of passage to wido" because we got a lot of players from them that had been banned because they were too good.
        I know that DarkZone was good player for newbies. It was a safe training wheels server.

If you could consistently win games at DarkZones, it was time to move on to a tougher server.

For reasons unknown, in 1999 I was not aware of the Widomaker server. I first went there in 2000 back when you had the Pent450m comcast page.

I do remember Marlinspike being a busy server with power players like Slot Zero, Ryu, WeirdQ, Smooth and others.

Winning at DarkZone generally meant you were a 20-fragger at Marlinspike (50 frag limit), above average but definitely not often in the running for winning.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
        X