X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your FIRST computer?

Here's mine, i got back in 1982!

Commodore 64 !!!!
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

My first was an IBM my dad bought for business in the early/mid 80's. It cost like 8 grand mostly cause of the HD, 10 Megs!!!. The first computer I was old enough to do much with though was a Mac LC2. Weee 16mhz 68030 . It ran lemmings like champ.
    uakene.com

Comment

Mac Classic

Comment

the IBM PC XT. Four colors of mayhem!

Comment

First two pictures may be inacurrate as I don't remember that well.

Can't remember any real details atm but it was an OLLLD machine. All it ran was DOS so letters and resumes were written with this crappy dos word program.

note: keyboard at the bottom obviously wasn't there

And who could forget the oldschool games back then?

Silpheed was my favorite!

Comment

Ive no pictures for you sirs!

486/66 DX2 8megs of ram, soundblaster 16, 300meg harddrive, and later on we splurged and got a 14.4 modem (which he had our own bbs hosting for) and my brother bought a 800meg harddrive.
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I still have my first computer - it's sitting in my basement. It was a Compaq Pentium 120 with 40 megs of ram! w00t!

Comment

Don't know what mine was but it looked like the one C*S posted up. It didn't do much - played games like "Jumpman" and "Maze" on it from some floppy disks. You could type in commands and annoyed as hell when you couldn't figure out anything. You were able to write in like "journal" entries, but anyone else could find them easily and look at them. I remember writing something about a crush on a girl I had and my brother looked at it and made fun of me.

Comment

Later came the C64, then an Amiga. First PC was 8088, then 286-16, and first bought computer was a Radio Shack 386-20.

Come visit us: www.etfellowship.com

Comment

Mine was a commodore 64, I also had Pac-Man for it which took 5 minutes to load off the tape drive.

My first PC was a 486/DX @ 33Mhz with 8mb ram and a 250MB hard drive, sound blaster 16 card, and it had a cdrom drive! It was top of the line when we got it; I miss those huge floppy disks.
                    "I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an expirimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
                    Author of The Ascension of Vigil

Comment

Commofore 64. At 8, I was computer illiterate and couldan't do much, so I don't remember alot about that machine...
                      My first PC = 233 pentium, 64 megs SDram (don't remember if Dual Channel was on or not...), 16 meg onboard video (suxord!!) 4.(96?) GIG hard-drive...
                      It was a small tower. I, in fact, STILL have the moniter that came with it. I still use it. I hope to get a 17" moniter for my b-day... big gift; I'm pitching in!!

P.S.
                      I busted my current computer. Well, messed up the registry anyway. My uncle should have it back for me today... right now I'm on my dad's machine XD
                      Mine is better!!
                      e|------------------------0---------------
                      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                      A|---------------0------------------------
                      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

DONT MESS WITH THE REGISTRY UNLESS U KNO WHAT U ARE DOING. You are unwise, young one.

My computer busted too, but it was only because of gay Linux messing up the partitions and deleting all of the files off of my 300gb hard drive for some reason (boot sector virus, which killed my old computer)

Comment

Yea I'm sure Linux purposely erased everything instead of you logging on as SU and doing stuff you shouldn't be doing

Comment

Actually it was my Dad that did it. he downloaded some thing called Bootmagic, and it turns out it had a boot sector virus within it. Which wiped out all of our files of course. But Linux did mess up the partitions.

Comment

No Linux didn't mess up your partitions, you did (or in your case your Dad did) lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X