Quake Engine Tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Engine Tree

This tree was developed by Tei, the author of the Telejano engine, which got a lot of press back in 2003 and 2004 for having some really cool features and is one of the more impressive Quake clients out there. It has been around a while, I think I first saw it sometime early last year.

The Telejano homepage is: http://telejano.berlios.de/

Click image for full detail

I don't know the last time it was updated, but I do notice it doesn't have QRack on it. Nevertheless, a very nice and impressive illustration of where different Quake clients originated from and of the many games that trace their lineage back to Quake (Half-Life, Jedi Outcast, Sin).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Well, none of us had even heard of Qrack until we came here :p

edit: Hmm, an error I didn't notice before. It lists Nightfire as being based on Q3, however I'm pretty sure it was based on HL engine.

We ought to keep an updated version of this. Maybe not in cluttered image format because it's rather hard to add stuff when there's no room left Maybe in XML format, and someone can write up a cool script to display it in pretty ways on this site.

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
      Well, none of us had even heard of Qrack until we came here :p
      Kidding me? Old Yeller and Baker would never stop promoting Qrack and Intertex on Rune Central. Rook didn't really promote, just update on new releases and tech support

Comment

Originally posted by Sajt
        edit: Hmm, an error I didn't notice before. It lists Nightfire as being based on Q3, however I'm pretty sure it was based on HL engine.
        It is based on HL (with really crappy enhancements thanks to Gearbox). Tei probably got confused with the canceled 007 game The World Is Not Enough in 2000 which really used the Q3A engine, and iirc the remains of the engine and gamecode were recycled in 007 agent under fire for the ps2

Comment

That's ALOT of quake engines. Didn't know there were so many. GLPRO is the best.

Comment

Thats the thing with these separate communities in Quake... Outside of the netQuake community I dont think anyone has ever heard of Qrack until now. The only reason I knew of FuhQuake is because some of the coders hang out with the mappers and some of the mappers drop by #qc on occasion, and they play QW from what I know.

But seriously, this page is the only one that I have ever seen mention Qrack and you guys are the only ones I know of who play it. In my experience it has been DarkPlaces and FitzQuake for SP and FuhQuake for mp.

Also could someone fix the typos in the rankings? I keep pronouncing in my head "Night Gwant" whenever I read the Gaunt part of Monster's ranking. Also rottweiler has 2 t's. Not to nitpick, it just always catches my eye =)
            Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Working...
            X