Downloads Section

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Downloads Section

A modest set of downloads have have been added to "Files" / "File Downloads".

Right now, there doesn't seem to be any way in the system to reference downloads to other sites, so the selection is limited to files we have stocked in the archives.

For instance, we can't reference the current QRack (without creating an extra copy on the server) or do a link to say, DarkPlaces, or anything that isn't located here.

Also: Unrelated, there are additional games in the arcade and the QuakeOne Forums March 2005 MVP poll is now on the front page. We have actually had over 2500 posts now in about 3 weeks, which is a higher rate of discussion than any other forum in Quake.

It will stay open until March 31. Vote for who you think has best contributed/started to the interesting conversations and events on this forum.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Just for note, all of the DarkPlaces files are at http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/files which contains every incarnation of the engine ever compiled pretty much, with the source as well (starting in 2002), as well as every incarnation of the Darkplaces mod (starting in 2001).

Ive tried to contribute, but I dont have quite the potential level of activity as you do Baker, no matter how much I flake out on school, my job, and I3D to keep up with these forums ; )
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

Right above Support Forums... couldn't you just put another link that Says Downloads2? Or Linked Downloads? Just a thought that they would remain in the same general area? Then references you make throughout your posts would point someone to that selection for Qrack etc instead of the regular Downloads?

Actually.. after re-looking.. I'm going to back pedal... You have a Clients Section. Perhaps put a sticky post there with all the links to the non hosted clients? And a mention of that in the downloads section? For all other Clients please enter the Forum and proceed to the Clients postings....? or whatever other portion of the forum it fits or other site.

But.. right now all of those are already listed to the left? For instance DarkPlaces is there on the left? So direct them to that? Or add that to a Links Page although I think that would be a double entry?
      Last edited by Net-Tyme; 03-29-2006, 05:44 AM.
      www.Net-Tyme.com
      Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
      Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
        The QuakeOne Forums March 2005 MVP poll is now on the front page. We have actually had over 2500 posts now in about 3 weeks, which is a higher rate of discussion than any other forum in Quake.

It will stay open until March 31. Vote for who you think has best contributed/started to the interesting conversations and events on this forum.
        I don't see it... I only see the topic status saying "Moved" on Chat-O-Rama

Comment

Front page under the server recent topics on the right, you have to scroll a bit.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

k thanks. I also noticed the top ranked players window. I don't see how I can be in it, expecially in shmack since I hate runes and never intend to win :S

Comment

Working...
            X