X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FrikaC interview

I interviewed FrikaC recently:

How did you get into Quake?

Via Doom in around 1994. My brother and I first got the Doom shareware from some crazy department store shareware disc (since we did not have internet access), along with a bunch of other games. After playing and liking both the ROTT and Doom shareware demos, we went and purchased both games. We played the two games religiously on our two PCs linked with an (now completely obsolete) null modem cable for years, until I finally got dialup access in late 1996. That was the magic year, and all the sites were ablaze with the news of Quake's release. We were quick to get our hands on the shareware, downloaded from ZDNet's hotfiles.com, which at the time meant something.
    Check it out http://www.besmella-quake.com/commen...88052392013889
    #Quake1

Sweet, I have always been a fan of FrikaC's marvelous FrikBots.

Comment

I was going to post a link to vb's interview. The questions were very good; most interviews ask the same old questions.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I totally proofread that interview for Frik too.

It is a good interview as well, I enjoyed the questions, and of course, Frik's questions. Gave me some ideas for my own interviews which I have planned for a later date.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I enjoyed that, keep up the good work.
          "I'm convinced RenegadeC is in fact not a human, but rather an expirimental IRC/QuakeC bot who has the ability to randomly formulate mods and code them, programmed to have a distinct Canadian personality as well."
          Author of The Ascension of Vigil

Comment

Working...
          X