GameStatus Rankings Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GameStatus Rankings Block

There is a functional GameStatus.Net rankings block located on the home page towards the bottom of the page.

I would move it to the top of the page to draw attention to the new feature while we figure out exactly where to place it, but it appears there is something not quite with it somehow and if I do that, the rest of the blocks won't appear on that side

As Solecord is the resident PHP/CSS god, I'll let him figure out exactly how I fouled up the HTML because he can do in 10 minutes what takes me 4 hours to figure out I'm not bad, it's just that Solecord is l33t.

---

The GameStatus Rankings reset every Monday and are archived. It shows the player with the most frags per server based on where each player last played.

Max.essentrix.net and the FVF are not --- and couldn't be anyway --- scanned by GameStatus.Net because their scoring systems are so different.

And there are many servers not scanned by it, including the RA server quake.shmack.net:26001 and the DM practice mode server quake.shmack.net:26002, just to name a couple.

---

GameStatus.Net is run by Jackhole, who is one of the true heros of Quake, picking up where the CLQ left off when it died in 2003.

Thanks Jackhole!
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Note: Steve has fixed the problem when I was building the block.

We are temporarily displaying the GameStatus.Net rankings as the top block, probably for much of the rest of the day so players can see it exists now.

We will be moving it under the recently active topics after this period, so don't worry about how much you have to scroll to see recently active topics.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

It says Paradi$e is #1! Does that mean tia has been playing? Has anyone seen her? I haven't seen her in ages, and I dont know how fast she could've gotten up there. Or is that just the overall rankings?

Comment

I talked to her on a server yesterday.

Comment

When the hell do you get on??! I NEVER see you. Don't you get on at late nighttime or something?

Comment

Late at night and sometimes in the morning, but that is pretty uncommon.

Comment

I was RAing with Baker last night. Close match (apart from the constant loading lag and free kill)

Comment

I must convince my dad to let me stay up till 12 or something, so I can 1on1 the ominous BAKER dood.

Comment

Gamestatus updates every 1-2 minutes and archives weekly stats
                  @ midnight on sunday.

Planning to change the look of GS but need some input.
                  If anyone has any idea's feel free to post them!

Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                    I was RAing with Baker last night. Close match (apart from the constant loading lag and free kill)
                    I don't like hide and seek maps. Yellow loves those. I suck at hide and seek maps.

Comment

turn up your volume I suck at them too, but it's still hella fun. And do you know how hard it was to see you when:
                      a) you were blue
                      b) the walls were the same colour
                      c) you shot lightning (proquake choppy, not joequake still)

????? I lost track of you when you were right infront of me blasting!

Comment

Yep, I hate the hide and seek maps too. I always get outmanuevered in them. I like the straight, flat ones.

Comment

I prefer the hide and seek maps, or at least maps with something in it you can maneuver around. I can get at least 1 frag on Tical when there's objects I can hide behind!!!

Comment

Working...
                          X