FreeQuake Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeQuake Update

Rumor has it there are at least 2 more servers that will be going FreeQuake compatible ... maybe even 3.

Rocket Arena, which uses no registered maps, is rumored to be getting a 100% FreeQuake compatible server.

And there are rumors that a server op has strong interest in running deathmatch on 100% custom maps, probably port shmack:26002-style.

Background discussions are rumored that there may possibly end up being a RuneQuake style FreeQuake server running custom maps down the road.

If true :d ... this really increases the versatility and choice of servers enough behind FreeQuake to begin promoting it.

Although the first draft of the FreeQuake package (http://freequake.quakeone.com) was developed last year, we had difficulties finishing this site and never got to the point where we had more than 1 server running mods with such compatibility.

This is good news because since FreeQuake is legal and that great efforts were made to made sure it was so, such as making it 3 separate file distributions, we will legally be able to spread the word on any site and anywhere.

This has truly been a great day ... developing ...
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

ooohhh sweet that means more players in RA !! Finally people to actually FIGHT in RA.

Comment

At some point, particularly if that DM server happens, is that a decision will have to be made on what custom maps to distribute standard with the package.

Trinca has shown me some awesome maps I had not seen before. I may end up posting tonight screenshots and download locations of some of the ones that I thought were the best.

3 maps that many players already know of that were some of Trinca's favorites ae Schloss, P3A (I think this runs at Beatdown) and Q3DM6Qw. Trinca has 24 bits textures for all of these. (The Schloss ones were made by the map author).

I do know the frame rate I get on Q3DM6QW, which is a clone of a Quake 3 map, is around 20-40 FPS on my computer which can get 200 FPS on most maps, so that map may not be very good for anything but playing bots on.

I'll have to post pics of some of these awesome not so well-known maps Trinca showed me.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
      X