Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FOV in Quake

This cat just loaded up PanQuake and changed his fov to 360

What are my fellow Quaker's take on altered fovs? I use 90 myself, but I find 110 to be playable...
    But many games these days seem to use 80 or 85...

Honestly this was just an excuse to post this pic elsewhere, but really, what are your thoughts?
    84.62%
    0.00%
    15.38%
    0.00%
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

90, and sometimes in mods where hit location is key, 80.

I can't stand anything higher than 100.

Comment

Hit location is a natural thing for me... in Quake I still often go for headshots even though its rare the mod has such a thing coded for it.... Just always have. This made me a good bit more dangerous in Unreal and SoF.

Comment

LMFAO! That's a great pic.

(I used to use 90, I used to use 103 or 108 and sometimes I do).
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Mines a beefy 122 FOV, I've personally seen people use 145 FOV but thats like running around with a 5' 7'' penis at attention when you got RL hehe 122 FOV is fine for me.

My sensitivity is set to 2
          QuakeOne.com
          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Haha! Good one.

I was telling the Quakeworlders that they ought to turn some of the cool stuff in those movies they make into desktop backgrounds/wallpaper/whatever you call it.

I told 'em this would be a good one is they didn't use an FOV that made weapons like someone's schlong.

Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I used to use 90, 2 days ago. When I was OWNING at shmack (well not total ownage, I still have my ghetto ball mouse), Hydro arrived and told me that I should change my FOV to 101. He said that it wouldn't be stretchy, and he was right. I can see more things and it looks almost like normal once you get used to it. Maybe I shall become even more skilled with the new FOV.

Comment

What is the Quake default?

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Grim
                    What is the Quake default?

I'm sorry we cannot accept your answer. You must phrase your question in the form of an answer.

Comment

ALex, What is 90?

Seeing I've never changed it.

I will find you... it's only a matter of time.

Comment

In TF I had binds for 90, 45, and 30. With the sniper autozoom turned off since its so laggy and slow. I changed the fov all the time.

Comment

I always used 90. Most of my clanmates were using 120+, but I just couldn't see it. Or my monitor was too small.
                          Chuck

Comment

Working...
                          X