Loc n load

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loc n load

Does anyone has access to all the loc files for the registered quake maps? I once found a full set but they had a different layout and proquake couldn't read them.

To the best of my knowledge the only ones out there are the ones on the ProQuake site (http://www.planetquake.com/proquake) which include only the most commonly played maps, the Q1EDGE one, and one I made for DM1 just to try it (no serious matches would ever happen on that map, I just was experimenting).

XQuake had support for the Quakeworld style loc files. Those use an entirely different format which is less precise, but it is easier to make them and there are probably hundreds of them as a result.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

These are probably the same. (Courtesy of Quaketerminus.com)

http://www.quaketerminus.com/nqexes/locs.zip
      Chuck

Comment

Proquake is hosted by gamespy now. What a bitch!

Try here first for your proquake.

ftp://ftp.runequake.com/quake/engines/proquake/

BTW Somebody ask Slot or JP what happened to the 32-player version of Proquake that was supposed to be released.
        Chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck
          BTW Somebody ask Slot or JP what happened to the 32-player version of Proquake that was supposed to be released.
          ... with map download.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
          X