Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake1 vs QuakeWorld

Lets start with my Quake story:
    When I played quake1 (stopped 2003 and went to qw) we usually played 1on1/2on2/3on3/4on4/5on5 etc.. on dm6 with dmm3

The last tourney was held in the end of 2002 start of 2003, was called SQL!
    Clans could choose what ever map they wanted from pak0/1 and what ever settings, but most clans just choosed dm6 4on4 hehe.
    I used to play alot on the american servers and u guys just played 4on4 on dm3 with dmm1 and I used to think "oh how stupid, dm6 4on4 rox".
    but now when Im playing QW its all 4on4 on dm2-3/e1m2 and it rox.

I just think that you guys underestimate QW but thats no problem, I used to do that myself, was administrator of the NetQuakeEurope site (netquake.be its down) and loved to always say that nothing can come close to Quake1.

My point is that, its not hard to play QW and get the movement and skills, its not a big of a difference between Q1 and QW.
    Lots of my fellow Q1 players came with me after that last 4on4 tourney in Q1 and started playing QW even though we despised the game.

Endif and midair got us to change and the love for the tactical point of view (and ofcourse the activity, 70 clans in 4on4 tourney with over 500 players? http://eql.quakeworld.nu )

The community that we loved was just similar to the QW community.
    not much hate, and once in a while some Dramah that got us involved and just spiced things up abit from time to time.

The QuakeWorld community right now
    In australia ppl dont play 4on4 that much (well they actually have a hard time getting a mix games I think, though im not certain of it, its based of my AllSeeingEye updates!
    In europe we play alot of 1on1/2on2/4on4 and FFA on a daily notice.
    In USA/brazil u can find some 4on4's from time to time but ppl often play ctf/TF or clanArena (and 1on1/2on2 ofcourse)

I think if u guys still miss the 4on4 action that u had in Q1, you can still get the excitement in QW and then for your reunions that u might have (in q1) every wednesday/sunday (as we had in Q1) get back and play your beloved game.
    I just want u to try to spectate the commentary games and maybe try some ffa and see that its not a big of a difference (try endif (mid_air)).
    Im not trying to convert you, im just trying to say that its not that different.

For your questions baker: http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showp...81&postcount=2

The clans nowdays dont use qizmo voice, they use Teamspeak client or Ventrilo. before a official game, the admins get in their servers to check if they are "ghosting" (= having another player in the voice to give them info of the game)
    The clients allowed are fuhquake/ezQuake and there are security patches for each one of the clients + there are some cmd lines needed.
    the rules are:

Timelimit: 20 minutes
    Overtime: 5 minutes if match is a draw
    Deathmatch mode: 1 = weapons respawn 30 sec after u take them
    Team play mode: 2 = team damage
    Spawn model: Kteam, KteamPro or Normal QW
    Powerups: ON = powerups spawns 1min after u take them
    Discharge: ON = u can discharge the shaft in lava/water
    FPS: A max of 77 fps is allowed.
    KFjump: Toggled OFF (command = tkfjump) = no rocket scripts are allowed that can do the movment for the player

For big games www.Quakeworld.nu team have:
    Pre show (mostly with me, sassa as host with some interviews with some players and some insight of the game, to look at the teams pracc before their official game)
    Game Gaz or Hangtime from UK with fluent English take over and give us great coverage of the game, with controlling the point of view for the spectators so we follow the same view all the time and talk about what the players are doing and what they should have done etc.. gives us more info..
    After talk I (sassa) take over and get some interviews from the players from the game and just gather it all togheter and then end the night

We used to gather ppl for Demo-Nights before.
    You can in Quakeworld watch a demo togheter with as many ppl as u want through Qizmo (a proxy made for QW). We took old demos (clan9 vs DR etc) and watch and commentated etc..
    We had Quiz nights aswell, with old questions that ppl used to answere in #quakeworld @ irc.quakenet.org

Our big game has been the smackdown4 (?) finals with over 500 ppl listening on the teamspeak of me hangtime and blitz commentating the game and over 1000 ppl watching the game live on several qizmo's.
    This years EQL2 finals had ~200 ppl listening and over 400 ppl watching the game without any commercial broadcast on the big esport-sites.

If u want to watch a game live and listen to the commentary, then just hang around www.QuakeWorld.nu for the news to dropp in, or just go into the NQR or EQL section of the forum to see the dates of the big games.

The EuropeanQuakeLeague, the NationsQuakeRank and Duelmania are working togheter with www.QuakeWorld.nu .

Not only European teams are allowed, we have 3 american teams in EQL and 2 in NQR.
    EQL is more like a league with 5 divisions 1-2 games / week
    NQR is a playoff tourney with 1 game each 3 weeks.
    Duelmania is a 1on1 tourney with bracket system (looser/winner)

NQR has a 2on2 ladder and a 4on4 ladder aswell, and just recently opened a 2on2 ladder in USA!

The QuakeWorld.nu site went down almost a year ago and we are rebuilding it as we speak to make it a better community place for all Quakers (yes even you here, but I think quakeone.com is way better for you if your not intrested of what I have writen here)

Quakeworld.us was a temporary solution for Quakeworld.nu but now we are back
    I was supposed to reply another topic ( http://www.quakeone.com/forums/showt...=2578#post2578 ) but after some time I just saw that this post should have its own topic.

We are right now (thnx for CheapAlerts notice on eQuake) working on a legal solution and we will have it for you very soon, so everyone can install Quake/QuakeWorld legally without stepping on some licence or stuff..

As for the Quakeworld community?
    I did a interview with a guy that just came into QW 2 months ago and is already playing in a clan ( http://quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=4064 )
    I was happy to see his answere to this question:

What can we improve to make the way of getting into QW easier?
    I think it's great as it is. It's childproof, but other than that it's good. As I said it's just to ask anyone for help and you can almost be sure to get it. The hard part is getting into a clan and start playing TDM. You have to be pretty good even for div 5. I'm not the best player, but I've made some really good strides smile.
    And I was lucky and found Eipert who took me in even that I told him I couldn't play. But It's worked out great.

This whole post might be crap, im tired, its 08:00 am here and I need some sleep soon, el classico is coming closer.
    But I was so eager to get this out and to get clear to you guys that I was one of u (or I still am) from 1996->2003 and I thought the same way as u guys and I dont want you to stop playing Quake1 (QUAKE1 still rules), but come and enjoy some Commentary games and have some fun, because QuakeWorld is almost like Quake1, just some small differences. You will enjoy the spectating as it was the World cup finals (or super bowl if ur american)

I will leave u with some links to the most popular Leagues and the sites that broadcast the info of the big commentary games

QuakeWorld.nu = http://www.QuakeWorld.nu
    QW.nu/forum = http://www.QuakeWorld.nu/forum
    EQL = http://eql.quakeworld.nu
    NQR = http://nqr.quakeworld.nu
    duelmania = http://www.duelmania.net

(no, this is not a try to get ppl over at the qw sites, its just some information that might be handy if you liked what I wrote but I dont think u had the energy to read all of it )

PS. Me and Phrenic recently talked about the activity in QW in sweden.
    We found some numbers and it showed that QW is actully bigger than Q2 and q4, but more surprisingly was that its even bigger than Q3.

Thanks for the quality information on that and for answering those questions Sassa.

And I don't think anyone was going to interpret you were trying to snag players or anything like that, and even if you did it wouldn't matter to us. Quake is how you like playing it.

If you want to play competitive Quake, Quakeworld is definitely the way to go.

I'll tell you about where most of this community comes from so you can understand us better. We are actually quite different from your communities on a whole, let me explain:

We do have a server that is largely elite CA+ players. There is also some rocket arena and DM action in the evenings.

Aside from that, most of our servers are dominated by the grappling hook. And about 1/2 of them feature runes, including 2 that have at least 50 types.

Free-for-all is dominant here and all of those servers feature a high speed grappling hook, and it is usually big games like 8-16 players. Also are players on average aren't the serious competitive types, but rather the casual types who play for fun. Many of the servers feature spawn shields to deter spawn camping that once plagued our servers.

We do have some serious players, especially CA+ players and those that enjoy rocket arena.

A few years back our community was more into "who owns who", but at some point in time became a more relaxed, less serious community overall.

And, as far as I've ever been able to tell, only a very small fraction even use a server browser. *ALL* of our servers have a DNS, like quake.ihoc.net, for instance. Most of the servers in our community have been around for years. The players know where they like to play and where they don't and they know the DNS, but the downside of this is that new servers or revamped servers have some trouble getting a player base.

One of the nice aspects of our community is that it is very newbie friendly and tends to attract players that stick around for years. We have a lot of very experienced players as well, but on average probably not on par with your best as many of our players don't play in formal competitive matches.

This is one thing I know is poorly understood by the occasional Quakeworld player that tries to "convert us". They don't really know too much about the demographics of the servers and the popular mods. This isn't too surprising since yesterday I was asking Vegetous about what Total Destruction II is Brazil, which seems to have developed a cult following there.

This is getting to be quite a long post, but one observation I've seen with the US Quakeworld servers is that there seems to be a really annoying skill mismatch when joining games.

My skills are probably an 8 out of 10. When I connect to a Quakeworld server, often I find I am either fighting some hopelessly outclassed players or getting my azz kicked by some Quake god. In the former, they leave. In the later, I leave. I personally like big games. Oddly enough the only ones I've ever been able to find are in Europe where my ping is 250. It's my kind of game, but the fun of being dead every time I spawn without even getting to move is no fun.

Also, and you probably know this, most of us (90%) are using a "fat-pipe" (broadband) with pings under 70, and many under 50. Having a 130 ping here makes you an HPB, and some would say being 90+. Today I got the opportunity to battle the super-elite Tical. His ping was 18 and mine was 34. So, for many of us, internet play on domestic servers is not too much different than LAN play.

Thanks for your information Sassa and that type of information is welcomed and encouraged. We appreciate it and feel welcome to do more if you like. We don't intend to be an exclusively NQ forum, although that will be our primary focus as we serve our players first and foremost, of course, and besides you guys have 4 solid QW sites anyway.

[/that was a long post]
    Last edited by Baker; 04-01-2006, 02:59 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hehe, about the ping talk.
      In europe ping 38 is hpw kind of
      most ppl have 13->26 around europe and it almost feels like lan, but when u get into div1 its lots of whine about the ping!
      People take the game very seriously (most ppl in div1-2) and the ping whines are a natural thing here.
      No one wanna play a ping 13 with 38 and from that we get, the so often, QW-dramah.
      We have 2 ffa servers in europe thats highly active, in Holland and Finland.
      I think we like the camping style, it feels more natural to the game, if you are good enough to camp and get those frags, why then stop you? thats probably the european thinking.

The European scene was close to be as the usa qw scene with huge bars between the skill level of the players. Somehow we just managed to get new ppl into the community and the old newbies got to be better and the new ones took their place.

99% of the players in europe got "fat-pipe" connections.

The server structure is a bit different, we got specific 1on1 , 2on2 and 4on4 servers.
      Some servers are often used for 4on4 mix games like wargames(denmark) and IconOfPain (sweden).

We got a bot on QuakeNet called ServeMe that is in over 110 Channels and can get intuch with over 2000 ppl with just a message.

You can come to #qwnet and request the bot, then you have 2 options of how to use the bot:
      .qw message = thats used for important stuff, the outcome is like this:
      [@[ServeMe]02] -qw- Mursu - #elintarha : prac vs. zoo now?
      [@[ServeMe]02] -qw- Haza - #parolanvisa : div4-5 prac
      [@[ServeMe]02] -qw- t1s - #ibh : duel dm4 dm6?
      [@[ServeMe]02] -qw- Rock- - #legeartis : mix @ wargamez.dk:27502
      .spam message = for everything else that should not be in .qw:
      [@[ServeMe]02] -spam- Term - #chosen : http://img11.imagevenue.com/img.php?...783_154978.jpg - for you gaz, and #mor - from .se ,)
      etc...

The servers are alot but most of them got already an alias in my servers.txt that I have created for the ppl that wanna join quickly without knowing the dns: http://quakeworld.nu/forum/viewtopic.php?id=11

I can say that, my skilllevel in 4on4 is div1 but in 2on2 im more like div4 and in 1on1 div5 but I still occasionally 1on1/2on2 from time to time just for the fun of it, even though ParadokS rapes me with 50 frags on dm6 I still find it fun to get him once in a while

once more about the ping discussion, I still find 13 on the internet different to 13 on lan so did I always do in Q1 aswell.. nothing is like lan, but do you guys use tic_rate 0 on the servers that allowes you to have the genuine Q1 feeling it was supposed to have?
      because in tic_rate 0 you can bunnyjump almost like u can in QW and the game is alot faster, and that was how Q1 wa supposed to be, if u watch the SpeedDemoArchives you can see that they got almost the same physics as QW does with the speed jumps.

again im abit tired because I havent sleept that much and Im just way too eager of the upcoming Football game tonight, el classico, viva real

Comment

Originally posted by sassa
        Hehe, about the ping talk.
        In europe ping 38 is hpw kind of
        most ppl have 13->26 around europe and it almost feels like lan, but when u get into div1 its lots of whine about the ping!
        Never knew that. Usually the first thing a QW guy says in the typical Q vs. QW argument is always the "netcode" and so I always thought Europe had a lot of dialup users that get lag or something.

We have 2 ffa servers in europe thats highly active, in Holland and Finland.
        I think we like the camping style, it feels more natural to the game, if you are good enough to camp and get those frags, why then stop you? thats probably the european thinking.
        We had a lot of players grenade spamming and other things that were annoying. More often than not, we stick with the standard id maps, and get a lot of play on the E1M1 thru E4M8 maps due to the number of participants.

I do know if things work out, our community will have more custom map action for those who are interested in that.

The European scene was close to be as the usa qw scene with huge bars between the skill level of the players. Somehow we just managed to get new ppl into the community and the old newbies got to be better and the new ones took their place.
        You Europeans always have looked like you have a healthy number of players on the servers, so I figured you have more a newbie scene going on over there. I think the Team Fortress servers here in the USA were a good breeding ground for QW newbies, but it looks like those servers are starting to thin down.

For us, Rune Quake is where we get a lot of players from. That mod is strategic like chess and gives players with very limited skills a chance to participate and have fun. We have a lot of newbies, and newbies are the next generation.

once more about the ping discussion, I still find 13 on the internet different to 13 on lan so did I always do in Q1 aswell.. nothing is like lan, but do you guys use tic_rate 0 on the servers that allowes you to have the genuine Q1 feeling it was supposed to have?
        I think the ticrate is 0.15 or something. But we truly for the most part aren't playing Quake like the original. Hooks, runes, spawn shields, jets, easy ammo, exit teleporters and some other things you wouldn't believe.

Here is the USA it seems like many players went on to Quake 3. I think Q3 is ok, but I like Q1 a lot better.

because in tic_rate 0 you can bunnyjump almost like u can in QW and the game is alot faster, and that was how Q1 wa supposed to be, if u watch the SpeedDemoArchives you can see that they got almost the same physics as QW does with the speed jumps.
        I think that is one of the weirdest things about Quakeworld, but I'm sure if I played it all the time, I'd like it.

football game tonight, el classico, viva real
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

sassa, would you be willing to write (or know of one that exists) a guide that explains step by step for "noobs" how to get started playing QW? To be really honest, I'm all set up for netquake and I just click the icon when I want to play and I'm in a game. I don't want to spend time trying to get a new client installed to play a "different" game. If there was some sort of quick easy setup guide that explained things I might give it a try.

Comment

http://www.challenge-smackdown.com/qwguide/

QuakeWorld for freshies
            one quake to rule them all.

Comment

thats not the guide I wanna give you, solecord!
              Im working on a guide as we speak and it will be released with fQuake (legal version of eQuake)

Comment

I dont get it, when ppl say that Q1's netcode was made for LPB (fat-pipe) and now that you got it, you still have the ticrate on 0.15 (its good for HPW's)

In europe back in 01-02 we started using ticrate 0.1 and 0 just because we had fat-pipes.
                but it still didnt feel as good as we wanted it to feel!
                the downside with the Q1 servers is the lack of commands and structure.
                You can only kick a player if u got admin, you can not vote to get the admin. (possible in QW)
                The spectators can ingame talk to the players. (not possible in QW)
                and lots of other stuff that the QW servers got better structore over.

I think that, if you guys wantto develope you clan scene, then a new servermod should be fixed.
                In QW the server records a demo called .mvd and any1 can download the mvd's directly from the server and get all point_of_views from the game
                most servers have a buffer on the latest 100 games and delete the oldest when a new game is played.
                The players dont need to start a recording like the old nq days we had.
                The clients are way better in QW aswell with config saving (in the game) and lots of nice teammessages (yeah proquake got some good and xQuake had some excellent but its not close to fuh/ez-quake's teammessages)
                for example, you can bind a button to "shownick" and in-game push that button on one of your teamm8s and see his nick+health+armor+weapon.
                These things are just some spicy things that makes the teamplay be much better than it was.

You can see the activity of Quakeworld at a good Server site www.Quakeservers.net
                http://quakeservers.net/?p=servers&pl=1&so=8&l=0
                in that link you got the servers listed with popular servers on top.
                You need to use it around 19-21 CET when all the european players are online and you will find, like I did tonight, over 10 4on4 servers packed with players playing 4on4, then u have lots of ppl playing 2on2/1on1/ffa etc and even more spectating the games.
                With Qizmo you can get better routing.
                for example if you live in NY and u wanna play in florida:
                If u dont use a qizmo the routing might go to chicago then washington then atlanta then florida.
                But if u got a qizmo in atlanta the routing might change and get you directly from NY -> atlanta -> florida and save you 25 ms so from a ping of 60 you will now get 35 with the qizmo!
                Im not sure at all with that routing was just giving u american guys an example.
                You can also connect to a qizmo and then connect to a server with spectator mode and ppl that wanna spectate the game can just eazly connect to the qizmo and then spectate through your point_of_view and that wont put presure on the server, it will put presure on the qizmo instead, and when the qizmo isnt on the server pc then the players wont feel any lagg and can play smoothly!
                over in europe we got qizmos all over, several in each country to help ppl with their routing and if they wanna put up some cams for some big games!
                the FTE crew have fixed something called QTV, it will make a 10 sec delay for everyone spectating through it for getting the Ghosting away (ghosting = when some1 in one of the teams are spectating the game and giving hints to the team) + that it will take only 15fps/player (qizmo = 77fps) that will reduce the lagg of the qizmo/qtv server + all the qtv spectators can view any point_of_view they want.
                QTV simply streams the .mvd and can only be used with the newest MVDSV servers (we have not got a new stable MVDSV server yet, but there are ppl working on it as we speak)
                Im looking at your "quakeOne Navigator" and it looks bloody marvelous.
                Its almost like the site I wanna create for GetQuakeWorld for beginners.

I think you Q1 guys can just dropp the netcode argument if u still use ticrate 0.15 because that was my argument before and it just dosnt make sence!

In europe we never played rune quake, but I have been on some american servers (back in 2003 I think) and played some runequake on e1m5 when I used ng and some guy just went on fire or something, didnt make anysence to me why ppl were playing, so can u explain whats so good about runequake?
                and if you guys got fat-pipes why not ticrate 0 ?
                hehe yeah, I am always coming back to the ticrate 0 discussion because it dosnt make any sence of using 0.15 when u say u got good enough connections to use 0 and get the genuin Q1 feeling

Try this: set up a Q1 server at your own pc and connect to it through localhost and put ticrate 0 on it, then feel how u can jump faster, longer, better. feel how u can aim better, get better air controll!
                then play Q1 on the net with ticrate 0.15 then feel the difference.
                now the last test, try playing QW and see witch one your Q1 server with ticrate 0 comes closest to:
                Q1 with ticrate 0.15 on the net
                or QW online

again Im still tired well im always tired but atleast el classico ended 1-1 and ronaldo scored !

Comment

I dont get it, when ppl say that Q1's netcode was made for LPB (fat-pipe) and now that you got it, you still have the ticrate on 0.15 (its good for HPW's)
                  I think it is to help the HPBs we have left. There aren't a lot of them, but we still want them to play. On a couple of servers, there is some custom code on the engine side to reduce lag issues for HPBs.

The spectators can ingame talk to the players. (not possible in QW)
                  and lots of other stuff that the QW servers got better structore over.
                  True. Although almost all of our admins are excellent QuakeC programmers and at least 2 are C programmers that modify the server engine and would write that in they wanted to. We have "observer talk" using MM2 on some of the servers where spectators talk amongst themselves.

In QW the server records a demo called .mvd and any1 can download the mvd's directly from the server and get all point_of_views from the game
                  most servers have a buffer on the latest 100 games and delete the oldest when a new game is played.
                  You have superior server-side modifications in a lot of different ways.

The clients are way better in QW aswell with config saving (in the game) and lots of nice teammessages (yeah proquake got some good and xQuake had some excellent but its not close to fuh/ez-quake's teammessages)
                  QRack has been heavily modified for team play commands. I'm not so much into those type of commands, being more of an FFA loving player, so I just use the basics. I know a lot of sophisticated changes have been made in QRack.

You need to use it around 19-21 CET when all the european players are online and you will find, like I did tonight, over 10 4on4 servers packed with players playing 4on4, then u have lots of ppl playing 2on2/1on1/ffa etc and even more spectating the games.
                  If we had a server like XS4ALL here, I'd play (that's the big FFA one, right?) But 1 on 1, 2 on 2, 4 on 4, those aren't really my cup of tea although I do enjoy them from time to time. I'm just speaking for myself in all of this.

Im looking at your "quakeOne Navigator" and it looks bloody marvelous.
                  Its almost like the site I wanna create for GetQuakeWorld for beginners.
                  Thanks! I made that part of the site and tried to make it look cool.

I think you Q1 guys can just dropp the netcode argument if u still use ticrate 0.15 because that was my argument before and it just dosnt make sence!
                  Ah, that's never been the argument. I and a lot of play stuff that isn't replicated in Quakeworld, or is in some shapes and forms more advanced in some particular aspect. Customization always does that, like how FTEQW can do things EZQuake can't, for example. There are some things we like about the servers we play on that aren't available in QW in the combination some of us like.

So can u explain whats so good about runequake?
                  Heheh, probably not. I like it. I like mixing it up and playing some RA and DM. Actually some days it is like the Quake Olympics playing 5 different types. I'd play QW if the right types of servers were around and the right types of environments were around, but I feel that a good portion of us here has some aspects that aren't reproduced in QW. This gets into hard to explain things.

again Im still tired well im always tired but atleast el classico ended 1-1 and ronaldo scored !
                  I don't know who Ronaldo is (Swedish soccer team guy?) but I'm glad he scored for ya

Hehe, get some sleep Sassa

Comment

I used to do that myself, was administrator of the NetQuakeEurope site (netquake.be its down) and loved to always say that nothing can come close to Quake1.
                    Sassa,

The netquake site is still up just not netquake.be anymore but this :
                    http://members.webdeveloping.nl/~trouby/nqeu/ .

Nice explanation btw !
                    My servers for the gamers:
                    bigfoot.servequake.com / damage.servequake.com

port 26000 EuroQuake
                    port 26001 EuroQuake Coop

newyork.quakeone.com
                    Offline ATM
                    fvf.servequake.com
                    flanders.servegame.org / flanders.servequake.com
                    Offline ATM
                    newdm.servequake.com
                    port 26010

http://bigfoot.servequake.com (EuroQuake)
                    sigpic

Comment

Quakeworld is for retards and gimps.

(Apologies to any retards or gimps in the audience.)
                      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

wut the hell is a gimp?? and yeah I agree that QW sucks.

Comment

We don't really need a lot of that in this thread. If you don't like Quakeworld, or if you do, explain why.

Sassa, who used to be a prominent NetQuake player (hate that word) is explaining why he switched to Quakeworld and what he feels that community has to offer and why he likes it. He's describing it in detail and sharing his thoughts and telling us about his community.

The Quakeworld community is a fine place and has a lot of dedicated loyalists who have made some great advancements/content for the game. For some questions and research I do, I find the Quakeworld community is more knowledgable about certain topics and I ask them questions quite often.

I might add that, unlike some of our recent past history, the Quakeworld community benefitted from mass cooperation (FuhQuake.net) while our community often suffered from mass infighting (XQuake GPL pettiness, TLTQ.com, server admin wars, etc.). So we have a lot to learn from them.

Quake and Quakeworld are both Quake. It's just a network protocol difference and some physics differences, for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                            wut the hell is a gimp?? and yeah I agree that QW sucks.
                            Look it up.
                            "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
                              Quakeworld is for retards and gimps.

(Apologies to any retards or gimps in the audience.)
                              yay.. i'm a retard! or gimp? what was it?

qw bashing is ridiculous
                              one quake to rule them all.

Comment

Working...
                              X