No announcement yet.

Quake1 vs QuakeWorld

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

QW isn't TOTALLY horrible, it has great FFA servers, better than the runequake garbage here. I don't like all the settings that you have to keep configuring to get it just right. The players in QW move all chopilly and its hard to predict where they are going to go because of it. Maybe if someone could give me help on getting the perfect rate commands, etc. for me? It does look like alot of fun, if only I knew how to configure it right so it isn't all shitty and laggy.

Comment

Originally posted by Bank
      Quakeworld is for retards and gimps.

(Apologies to any retards or gimps in the audience.)

How so?

Comment

Originally posted by Gibaholic
        How so?
        My point exactally.
        Originally posted by Aquashark
        yay.. i'm a retard! or gimp? what was it?

qw bashing is ridiculous

And QW bashing is ludacris, and I'm just ludacris enough to say it.
        "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

lol quakeworld has no shotgun spreads!

Comment

Sorry but NetQuake is just sluggish. Horrible netcode and physics. On the other hand, QuakeWorld has better physics, better netcode, player prediction and a larger userbase.

Also, few games can compete with the speed of QuakeWorld. I heard HL1: DM was faster but I haven't looked into it.
            Last edited by Gibaholic; 04-04-2006, 06:32 PM.

Comment

cl_movement 1

nq sluggish no more.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapAlert
                cl_movement 1

nq sluggish no more.
                right....

Comment

Hey Gibaholic, do you know what rate commands and netspeed commands I should use?? I have a cable modem. Is there a guide anywhere that can help me with setting everything up right? I'll try one more time for quakeworld.

Comment

What port are you using? If it's just the QuakeWorld client go get fuhquake.

www.fuhquake.net

Has everything you need.

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                      Hey Gibaholic, do you know what rate commands and netspeed commands I should use?? I have a cable modem. Is there a guide anywhere that can help me with setting everything up right? I'll try one more time for quakeworld.
                      we got a legal version of eQuake now out

fQuake http://fquake.f.nu
                      download it and add pak1 if u bought Quake to it!
                      it contains ezQuake fte and fuhquake

We are working at the moment on the "get QW started" site, so just hang on a bit.

for more QW questions, go to the www.quakeworld.nu/forum (sry for the commercial) and ask your QW questions there

to cheapalert:
                      Im not coming into this forum to say QW is BETTER, much BETTER!
                      Im just point out the differences and saying that the games are not that far away from each other.
                      Most NQ players talk about the physics of QW, that NQ dosnt have that, and about the netcode.
                      If you wanna discuss it for real, then start answering my questions instead of jumping on new topics.
                      btw, IM NOT saying NQ sux, so dont come with that bs to me, I was (am) a NQ lover...
                      so if u wanna start discuss (thats why we got a forum) then lets start with the sys_ticrate 0.15, why use that and get wierd physics instead of using 0.00 and get the real physics that id1 created for us?

again its late and im tired but AC Milan won and I had to celebrate.

ps. I will try to get some good games going on the upcoming sunday with commentary (preshow game and aftershot) with interviews and stuff for you guys..
                      I will try to get some div1 games scheduled on that date so we can make this happen. what you need to do is to download fQuake (legal) and get buy quake (if u dont already got it) and add pak1 to your id1 folder and just connect to the Teamspeak server and connect to the Qizmo's and just enjoy
                      If I get a match scheduled I will post it here for you guys.

Comment

Originally posted by sassa
                        we got a legal version of eQuake now out

fQuake http://fquake.f.nu
                        download it and add pak1 if u bought Quake to it!
                        it contains ezQuake fte and fuhquake

We are working at the moment on the "get QW started" site, so just hang on a bit.

for more QW questions, go to the www.quakeworld.nu/forum (sry for the commercial) and ask your QW questions there

to cheapalert:
                        Im not coming into this forum to say QW is BETTER, much BETTER!
                        Im just point out the differences and saying that the games are not that far away from each other.
                        Most NQ players talk about the physics of QW, that NQ dosnt have that, and about the netcode.
                        If you wanna discuss it for real, then start answering my questions instead of jumping on new topics.
                        btw, IM NOT saying NQ sux, so dont come with that bs to me, I was (am) a NQ lover...
                        so if u wanna start discuss (thats why we got a forum) then lets start with the sys_ticrate 0.15, why use that and get wierd physics instead of using 0.00 and get the real physics that id1 created for us?

again its late and im tired but AC Milan won and I had to celebrate.

ps. I will try to get some good games going on the upcoming sunday with commentary (preshow game and aftershot) with interviews and stuff for you guys..
                        I will try to get some div1 games scheduled on that date so we can make this happen. what you need to do is to download fQuake (legal) and get buy quake (if u dont already got it) and add pak1 to your id1 folder and just connect to the Teamspeak server and connect to the Qizmo's and just enjoy
                        If I get a match scheduled I will post it here for you guys.
                        1) Define Legal
                        2) Better. Heh.
                        3) No, that's exactally why you came to this forum.
                        4) More of a question, when the hell did gibaholic become any sort of authority on anything? I'm not saying I'm authority on anything, but gibaholic is literally just a QWer who got kicked out of Doomworld, and Quake Terminus.
                        "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Gibaholic
                          Sorry but NetQuake is just sluggish. Horrible netcode and physics. On the other hand, QuakeWorld has better physics, better netcode, player prediction and a larger userbase.
                          Gibster, there are multiple ways to like Quake. Just about everyone here that has plays Quake has tried Quakeworld. Those of us that play Quake instead of Quakeworld do so because we've tried both and we like it better.

Horrible netcode? In a day when most of us are using broadband? Chuck one time posted how he downloaded a 95 MB video in 7 seconds. Who of us still use 14.4 kbps dial-up modems??

> QuakeWorld has better physics

Not to me it doesn't. I don't like QW physics, it isn't the same and I am used to how I play it today.

> Player prediction

I could deal with the physics if I had too, but the player prediction is what I totally don't like about Quakeworld. It feels weird and projectiles don't start from the origin point from the point of view of the observer due to the prediction.

> Larger userbase?

Well, then we should all move on to Quake 4, right? And larger where? If I can choose from 3 or 4 servers in the evenings and play a great game, it doesn't matter to me if there are 8 to 10 servers in QW with action? As it is clear to see, we have a very healthy community here.

> speed of Quakeworld?

You know what is faster than QW --> our RQ and IHOC servers. You also have to be a more complete player to dominate, ground skills are not enough. 3-dimensional play is MUCH harder than ground play alone. We have a full time, off-hand grappling hook with a fire speed of 1000. On those servers, the players are moving around at speed 600-800 much of the time.

It all boils down to this: there are different ways of liking Quake.

Many of the NetQuake players in Europe who converted to FuhQuake in 2002-2003 did so largely because of the cool graphics.

We have QRack and so visual coolness is not a factor:

I've got no beef with QW. Is there a good reason that I can't play the game how I like it? Must I "convert" for some reason?

edit: a little bit of touch up
                          Last edited by Baker; 04-04-2006, 10:20 PM.
                          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Yeah, I hate the player prediction code also. The physics are also way weird for me too.

I installed fuhquake yesterday, now what do I do to find some popular ffa servers?

Comment

Originally posted by Monster
                              Yeah, I hate the player prediction code also. The physics are also way weird for me too.

I installed fuhquake yesterday, now what do I do to find some popular ffa servers?
                              http://quakeservers.net/?p=servers&pl=1&so=8&l=0

Comment

Working...
                              X