Read Me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Read Me

Hey, I was on the servers today, and talked to a few of you about playing ThunderWalker CTF. This stuff's great. It's still Quake1. The grapple is a bit different, you can bunnyhop faster/further, and the maps are larger. Not only that, but if some of us go play this, these ThunderWalker guys might come play with us once in awhile, seems like a fair trade eh? Tonight they are playing, I think between now and 9pm (I'm posting this at 8pm central).

In order to play it's simple. After you download the file for ThunderWalker (Click Here To Download ThunderWalker CTF) , you simply unzip it to a seperate folder from your current Quake folder, they don't need to be together. Inside of it, there's "ezquake", you just double click that and connect to dell2.linuxdude.com:27500

You can however, copy your config from netquake and paste it into the id1 in the ThunderWalker CTF folder. This makes the transition easier.

The joy of this is that QuakeWorld used to suck to download because it seemed like everytime you connected you were downloading something. A lot of us would just be like "forget this" and move on. Well, this file includes everything you need and it's super simple to setup.

Who wants to play with us tonight?
    uakene.com

Here is a sample video clip from ThunderWalker CTF

http://www.twctf.org/files/test5.avi

For those with older video cards there is a basic version.

ThunderWalker CTF basic (110 megs)

This version is smaller since it has the original map and model textures.

We have 6 open spectator slots on the server so feel free to come and watch us play sometime.

Thursday and Saturday nights at 9pm CST
    Last edited by Batman!]ZFA[; 06-16-2008, 05:57 AM.

Comment

I'd recommend uploading that to YouTube and putting the video in a post.

For example, [movie ]http://www.youtube.com/.....[/movie ]

If you decide to try this, use the URL listed when you click embed on the YouTube page. It's a lot easier to show ppl a video from YouTube than try to get people to download an AVI and then they might have to mess with codecs and such.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Thats a good idea

sorry that avi file works best with Divx player found here http://www.divx.com/

Last edited by Batman!]ZFA[; 06-16-2008, 08:28 AM.

Comment

holy shit, crazy

is the laser replaces nailgun right?
          does it fire same rate and 2 shots so its easer to hit things with bad aim and lag cos i like the nailgun :}

Comment

the laser uses cells and fires one at a time. the rate of fire is a little slower, but its more accurate so you have a better range with the weapon. You still have the super nail gun though.

so
            impulse 4 = laser
            impulse 5 = super nailgun

Comment

Working...
            X