xCTF Mystery Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xCTF Mystery Solved

A lot of players here and there have been filing into the xCTF server, even though we haven't been promoting FreeQuake yet.

I joined the server and a whole bunch of players were there, all with terrible pings and all they could say was "Yes", "No" or "Good Game".

I asked "Are you real players?"

They weren't bots. Guess what they said??!?!?

(Hint: Dogz1)
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

No one is going to remember this ... I didn't ... so ...

They all kept saying "Hello, I cannot talk. I am using a PSP."

There are tons of PSP users connecting to xCTF with wireless connections due to the recent news about the source release of the Play Station Pro compatible Quake code released by the dogz1 guy who was here a few weeks ago.

The reason they connect to xCTF is that it is shareware compatible and the PSP Quake page has shareware for download and recommends the xCTF server for testing the setup.

So ... if you connect to the xCTF server, expect to have all these players with terrible pings show up (because they are using wireless in some cases, or because they are from far, far away in other cases) and even the ones with good pings are using a PSP which probably at least as bad as using a keyboard.

So... if you want to go shoot rockets at a whole bunch of PSP Quake players who can barely navigate, connect to xCTF.clan-rum.org and have at it!

Expect this to continue for weeks, I would imagine.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

yeah, lol I have seen some people like that on SINGED and SHMACK before...

Comment

Go Frag Rate!
        Chuck

Comment

And I'm not even using PSP

Comment

Just to correct you on your newspost there Baker. PSP-PLAYER is the name of all the PSP players on that server. It's multiple people adding up 1 score.

Comment

I actually taught one of them how to capture the flag on map 3, it was kinda heartwarming. : D

It was beautiful, with his bulky controls : D
              "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

lol Baker you're such a hipocryte. Attacking PSP-PLAYER like a normal RA battle

Comment

Originally posted by Canadian*Sniper
                  lol Baker you're such a hipocryte. Attacking PSP-PLAYER like a normal RA battle
                  I was trying to single you out to frag only you, but I had a great deal of difficulty telling the difference between you and the PSP players.

I walked next to one of the PSP players and stood still to let them kill me and so they could see what it was like getting a frag

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                    I walked next to one of the PSP players and stood still to let them kill me and so they could see what it was like getting a frag
                    laugh. I was following you (1 area behind). Then I eventually gave up and hid so I could taunt you

I helped the PSP-PLAYER swim (until you came in and filled the lake with shrapnal )

Comment

oh, and reading down the IPLOG was funny too.

"Player has arrived"
                      CanSnipe: hello obs, 12396K, gyro, bla, bla
                      CanSnipe: hello bla, bla, bla, bla, bla, bla (yes Baker has a large number of aliases)
                      CanSnipe: GREEN GUY?!?!?!?!

totally unexpected.

Comment

You are ruining their fun. Don't torment the PSP players. When are they gonna make a quake for the nintendo DS?!

Comment

when someone like you gets off their asses and CODES IT. ;P
                          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

yes i am one of those psp players. its so hard to play on the psp since theres some lag and its hard to control it. i was on last night as a matter of fact. someone gave me this website on there. and this guy named Canadian*Sniper was there lol.

Comment

ha I'v actually found a way to buypass the CTF server problem. I'll post how to do it later. When I mean server problem I actually mean play on a different server

And yes if you do see me in a server, I'll probably be playin on my psp
                              Last edited by Dogz1; 04-04-2006, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X