xCTF Mystery Solved

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baker
    There are tons of PSP users connecting to xCTF with wireless connections due to the recent news about the source release of the Play Station Pro compatible Quake code released by the dogz1 guy who was here a few weeks ago.
    also Baker you may want to edit yor post.

I did not make anything of some kind. I just spread the news and Yellow "found me" on my psp, and linked me to this site

Now to edit the files of the PSP to play on a different server.

1.Connect your PSP to the PC via USB

2.Head to this folder: (insert drive):\PSP\GAME\Quake\ID1
    3. Find the file called "quakeservers.cfg"
    4. Open it with notepad
    5. Find the following IP "198.78.96.30"
    6. Replace it with "69.64.35.230"
    7. save file and reload game

One note: The server you just replace is xctf.clan-rum.org with quake.shamck.net, also you can replace any server you want. I'm not sure if you dont have the same files as me, so check.

Comment

I'll edit it.

Just an FYI, xctf.clan-rum.org is the only shareware-compatible Quake server right now. The other servers require the registered version of Quake.

If you already know this and have a workaround, I'm curious.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by apgunner
        and this guy named Canadian*Sniper was there lol.
        who's dis Canada Snipy Snap guy? He sounds a lot like that asshole that slept with Green Guy's sister.

Last edited by Canadian*Sniper; 04-04-2006, 11:05 PM.

Comment

yea he said quakeone sucks when the other player told me to go to quakeone

Comment

Originally posted by apgunner
            yea he said quakeone sucks when the other player told me to go to quakeone
            hehe....

<.<
            >.>
            o_O

I swear it was just to piss off Baker....

Comment

now bakers wrath will be cast down upon you. You will be crushed into the dirt, canadian dood.

Comment

kay

Comment

I believe one or two were able to connect to Fear.lokinetworks.com as well. The first and about only thing they said was.. I can only read not type I'm on a PSP.. ;Þ That was cute. Only bad thing is they were the same color as someone who was romping my butt.. Everytime I paused to see if it was him or not. WHAM.. lol. was fun though..
                  www.Net-Tyme.com
                  Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
                  Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogz1
                    Now to edit the files of the PSP to play on a different server.

1.Connect your PSP to the PC via USB

2.Head to this folder: (insert drive):\PSP\GAME\Quake\ID1
                    3. Find the file called "quakeservers.cfg"
                    4. Open it with notepad
                    5. Find the following IP "198.78.96.30"
                    6. Replace it with "69.64.35.230"
                    7. save file and reload game

One note: The server you just replace is xctf.clan-rum.org with quake.shamck.net, also you can replace any server you want. I'm not sure if you dont have the same files as me, so check.
                    To play on a non shareware server your id1 folder must contain both pak0.pak and pak1.pak. Shareware only requires pak0.pak. There are other files named pak1.pak for mods and such as well, but they all aren't the same. You need to use the pak1.pak found in the id1/ directory of the full version of quake.

Normally you can only legally get it here: http://www.idsoftware.com/games/quak...me_section=buy
                    but it's down right now for some reason
                    uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                    X