Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Single player bots?

Hi,

Is there a mod whereby Q1 can be played offline with bots, something like Q3?

Thanks

yeah man, there's all kinds of different bots. do a google search. reaper bots are probably the most widely known but i like the omicron bots as i think they can play rocket arena. i think you can get them here:

http://leesvoer.com/zooi/projects/obots/obots.html

Comment

Cool thanks dude, ill check it out later, nice one

Comment

The king of the Quake bots is FrikBot. It plays a lot like a real person and cracked some of the technical problems of other bots such as appearing on the score board and such. That said Omicron is well worth checking out. IIRC the guy who coded it worked on the QIII bot code and I think you can use the T button to tell Omicron bot's what to do like in QIII. Another great bot is CTFBot+, or if you really like getting pwned horribly on the two or three maps it plays FrogBot.
        Qoetia B4 == 1.93Mb

Expo Booth '08
        !AXATAXA! == 355.24 Kb Want to take on Quake with only your axe?
        Hunting shamblers since 1996.

Comment

Frogbots are what made me so good
          uakene.com

Comment

They only ever make me dead. They start shooting lightning in to the teleporter before you even come out of it, that's just sick.
            Qoetia B4 == 1.93Mb

Expo Booth '08
            !AXATAXA! == 355.24 Kb Want to take on Quake with only your axe?
            Hunting shamblers since 1996.

Comment

Thanks dudes, ive got Omnicron working perfectly well now *stoked*
              Also, just something to add here, Im sure most people will be using newer clients to play (FuhQuake, GLpro, joequake, darkplaces etc) i couldnt get it working with fuhquake, joequake but darkplaces works well!
              Also to set custom res for wide screen I used this from the command line:
              C:\QUAKE>darkplaces.exe -width 1440 -height 900 32 -game omnicron -listen 16
              Where 1440 and 900 can be replaced to suite what ever res/aspect ratio you want. Mine is 1440x900 16:10 aspect ratio (wide screen) and 32 is the bit depth which can be 16/24/32 I think.
              Last edited by CythoN; 06-19-2008, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X