General attitude on CAx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Baker View Post
    I haven't stopped working on anything, per se. I've pressed the pause button.
    I knew you were going to pick up on that, I should have made it clear..

By me saying "Baker Stopped" I didn't mean "Baker Quit" Its obvious you tend to see your projects through, and at times we all need to step back and just observe

I don't think Quake 1 is going snywhere anytime soon either, its obvious that theres a lot of hardcore players who just won't let it die, which is cool because atleast theres someone(something) to look forward to!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      I knew you were going to pick up on that, I should have made it clear..
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
        Offering a different point view does not classify my post as a joke, just because it doesn't fit your train of thought doesn't mean it's a "bad attitude".
        your point of view is of even less importance due to you havent been a mainstream player for years now. The occasional pop in..

I've been active as fuck since before CAx was even thought of, and was up until I moved, which has been a little under a year. I came back to the most idiotic of circumstances revolving around CA. When CA is dead I played RQ, and that became a pain in the ass due to the general play style and lack of "shut your mouth" being enforced just like at CA.

And tal you have a piss poor attitude and always have, the ego only matched by tia's and your not to long ago outburst at Lefty I believe it was.
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
          your point of view is of even less importance due to you havent been a mainstream player for years now. The occasional pop in..

I've been active as fuck since before CAx was even thought of, and was up until I moved, which has been a little under a year. I came back to the most idiotic of circumstances revolving around CA. When CA is dead I played RQ, and that became a pain in the ass due to the general play style and lack of "shut your mouth" being enforced just like at CA.

And tal you have a piss poor attitude and always have, the ego only matched by tia's and your not to long ago outburst at Lefty I believe it was.
          Yes.

Comment

No ONE point of view is more important than the other, so until you get that clear, I guess you shouldn't even post? I mean cmon, you wanted people to agree, and just because somebody doesn't, doesn't mean their opinion is less. Technically, Rampage is more of a CA player than you'll ever be, so would that make his point of view more important than yours? No. I rarely play on speaknow, but my opinion still counts one way or another.

Just sounds like you want more power to mute people?

It's a free country, talking shit on a server is one thing, cc'ing to fuck up games, etc, is another.

But like I said before, I was thinking the nonsense was at a very low point. I haven't seen much , but I haven't CA'd much either, so that may be why.

And as far as even teams go, when there's an admin around, it seems players get moved to the right color etc, which is working perfectly. I mean in any newer games, you join (like call of duty), you're automatically placed on a team based on #'s. I think Yellow-5 and Dave(Spoon) have been doing a great job at admin.

That's all I have to say.
            uakene.com

Comment

Yes frenzy, it's funny how I spent my free time practicing with him and helping him improve in Quake, yet I'm an arrogant jerk off who does little or nothing to help individual players in the community.

I may not have modded, I may not have programmed, in fact I may have even been asshole considering how many people verbally attacked me for being in the limelight, but that does not take away the fact that I did help people improve and I tried to endorse CA and CTF to others.

Comment

Group hug bitches!
                QuakeOne.com
                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                Great Quake engine

Comment

Free country? lol.

This is a dying game with no mainstream support, its actively on crutches.
                  We're here to enjoy this game at best,if anything else its to ensure its got content to offer any potential newcomers. Instead you've got racist,foul mouth,lets see how big of an asshole I can be mentalities.The only thing thats offered is CA and RQ and CTF if there is daily games occuring but im doubting it,there is a small percentage of people who cares about ANY mod in Q1 these days.Once mega-populated server's have long gone along with their players,and we're left with a diluted pool of gamers, some are good people and are pleasant to quake with,others are peices of shit that serve no purpose other than to be childish in a game I cherish.

Or,you have loud mouthed morons who pipe off constantly about how someone cheats (Haze??lol?RQ Gamers like IHateHumans) or people who just cant be civil human beings.

I thought Disco was cool but he's become an arrogant pain in the ass to be around, purposely CC'ing an off color mid-game (2-2-1 , 3-3-1,).

I could give a shit less about individual feelings of others who want to sum the problem up and brush it under the carpet like it doesnt exist.Look at the bigger picture and deal with the problems that are amounting to chaos and an atmosphere that makes you feel unwelcome.

I've had 4 or 5 chumps (probably all veterans) give me unprovoked shit in CA and I'm fed up with it.

Tal is more of a CA player than me?He's been in CA longer than I but im not making a comparison, that would be you.He's an arrogant asshole,and I've known him longer than most people,so dont attempt to tell me who he is or anything, I met him as [mfr]novmode at ihoc way back in like 98 or some shit...

The conditions for Quake to have any new life brought into it is NIL when players can do as they please and expect nothing in return for their actions.
                  Actions deserve consequences and maybe Dave and Jesse can dish out such judgements, but I'm a daytime player and the only admin that I see besides Dreadful, which is why things are a joke in my opinion.I'm an admin of dick.
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Free country? lol.

We're here to enjoy this game at best,if anything else its to ensure its got content to offer any potential newcomers. Instead you've got racist,foul mouth,lets see how big of an asshole I can be mentalities.The only thing thats offered is CA and RQ and CTF if there is daily games occuring but im doubting it,there is a small percentage of people who cares about ANY mod in Q1 these days.Once mega-populated server's have long gone along with their players,and we're left with a diluted pool of gamers, some are good people and are pleasant to quake with,others are peices of shit that serve no purpose other than to be childish in a game I cherish.

Or,you have loud mouthed morons who pipe off constantly about how someone cheats (Haze??lol?RQ Gamers like IHateHumans) or people who just cant be civil human beings.

I thought Disco was cool but he's become an arrogant pain in the ass to be around, purposely CC'ing an off color mid-game (2-2-1 , 3-3-1,).

I could give a shit less about individual feelings of others who want to sum the problem up and brush it under the carpet like it doesnt exist.Look at the bigger picture and deal with the problems that are amounting to chaos and an atmosphere that makes you feel unwelcome.

I've had 4 or 5 chumps (probably all veterans) give me unprovoked shit in CA and I'm fed up with it.

Tal is more of a CA player than me?He's been in CA longer than I but im not making a comparison, that would be you.He's an arrogant asshole,and I've known him longer than most people,so dont attempt to tell me who he is or anything, I met him as [mfr]novmode at ihoc way back in like 98 or some shit...

The conditions for Quake to have any new life brought into it is NIL when players can do as they please and expect nothing in return for their actions.
                    Actions deserve consequences and maybe Dave and Jesse can dish out such judgements, but I'm a daytime player and the only admin that I see besides Dreadful, which is why things are a joke in my opinion.I'm an admin of dick.
                    That was nov not n0vmode
                    i used nov for november.. my birthday

Comment

Free country? lol.

But you're starting a shit storm by pointing out the obvious? I don't know, but the stuff you're saying has been said over and over.

You said to Tal "your point of view is even less", and the thread is based on CAx, so I'm GUESSING you were referring to CAx, and his point of view about it. I merely pointed out, that he is more of a CA player than you will ever be.

And I don't care how long you've known Tal, I've known him longer
                      uakene.com

Comment

Maybe it's because your famous :d

Or is it [inf]amous
                        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Perhaps one way forward is for the very generous and helpful people who produce the clients we are using (chiefly Qrack, PQ and DP) to consider enabling the players to have a little more control over their individual playing experience by introducing some mute options within the client. Although con_notifylines 0 is helpful when playing at servers like shmack it would be nice to have a simple mute all chat or "Do Not Disturb" option and just play in peace. Imagine that - rant free servers. That way the kiddies can pointlessly rant on as much as they like without having any direct effect on those who do not want to be disturbed.

Just a suggestion [...Burns gingerly reaches for his flame proof suit]
                          Last edited by Mr.Burns; 07-16-2008, 02:40 AM.
                          Mr.Burns
                          "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
                          WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
                          Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
                            introducing some mute options within the client. Although con_notifylines 0 is helpful when playing at servers like shmack it would be nice to have a simple mute all chat or "Do Not Disturb" option and just play in peace. Imagine that - rant free servers.
                            I've said this before!

Giving players themselves the ability, (individually or even as a whole) to mute players will give people who bitch and moan one less thing to bitch moan and whine when they don't like what people are talking about or spamming on servers, if the player has a problem, they should be going to the admin, not the other way around.

Thats almost like police just investigating shit without a real cause, or profiling, and thats some weak shit. Lets give the power to the players and let them truely decide who they can hear and who they can't!

I don't see why admins have anything to bitch about in the first place! THEY HAVE THE ADMIN CONTROLS.. thats like someone whining about whats on TV when they have the damn controller in their hand and there in a room full of quadriplegics.
                            Last edited by Phenom; 07-16-2008, 04:06 AM.
                            QuakeOne.com
                            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                            Great Quake engine

Comment

I don't see why admins have anything to bitch about in the first place! THEY HAVE THE ADMIN CONTROLS.. thats like someone whining about whats on TV when they have the damn controller in their hand and there in a room full of quadriplegics.
                              I've been admin at enough servers to understand whats tolerable and what isnt tolerable.Phen if you had simply read you would have noticed that I already stated the obvious about the changes made to admin functions, I was informed that the ability to kick mute and ban had been revoked privliges of admins. Did this mean that all admins mean dick now in CA? Did this mean only Yellow5,Dreaful has full admin access at Speaknow? Did this mean only Ava,Vis,Yellow5,Rook,Bam have access to the mute kick ban functions? Fuck if I know,and if you cant see this post for more than rantings about newb's I could care less about,its not about the fact there are assholes in quake1,its the fact they cant be put in check with where they are and what community they are acting like pricks in.

and even if I do currently have access to the admin functions Im speaking of relating to speaknow.quakeone.com and rage.quakeone.com, Im obligated into not using them.

Comment

I've been admin at enough servers to understand whats tolerable and what isnt tolerable.Phen if you had simply read you would have noticed that I already stated the obvious about the changes made to admin functions, I was informed that the ability to kick mute and ban had been revoked privliges of admins. Did this mean that all admins mean dick now in CA? Did this mean only Yellow5,Dreaful has full admin access at Speaknow? Did this mean only Ava,Vis,Yellow5,Rook,Bam have access to the mute kick ban functions? Fuck if I know,and if you cant see this post for more than rantings about newb's I could care less about,its not about the fact there are assholes in quake1,its the fact they cant be put in check with where they are and what community they are acting like pricks in.

and even if I do currently have access to the admin functions Im speaking of relating to speaknow.quakeone.com and rage.quakeone.com, Im obligated into not using them.
                                OH FUCKING WELL, its a game, stop crying.

I personally don't care who has admin at what server, its just not important anymore, I just want to play the game and hear less whiny ass admins and players saying shit like "The players are unruly!" or "The admins suck dick" even if the statements are true, in the end ITS A GAME. Go cry about Nerf'd admin or ask for people's emotional tearyeyed filled replies on RuneCentral. Or better yet, just stop spreading your hate messages then trying to cover it up with a "wo as me" topping.

Its looking like you spent maybe 3 whole seconds thinking about what exactly your thread is about and more time bumping your gums. Whats the purpose of your thread Mindzx, except to kick up dust?

P.S

Having admin and being a good admin are 2 different things.
                                Last edited by Phenom; 07-17-2008, 11:20 AM.
                                QuakeOne.com
                                Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                                Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                                X