Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General attitude on CAx

<thought>
    Some of the CA players are fun to be around and enjoy quake with, but a handful of people lately have just been pricks in Quake. I dont understand how a 10+ year old game can still have adolescent behaviour especially considering how Quake isnt in great health as it is (NetQuake)

It's a barren wasteland aside from the dedicated...
    I tried being a prick back and just letting it be whatever it was and found my enjoyment of this game get flushed down the drain,as of lately I've had no desire to play any form of Quake.

Has it really become this bad?

</thought>
    Yes
    72.73%
    No
    27.27%

The poll is expired.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

PS... From what I gather RQ is the same situation,but more so of campcity and accusations run wild, less administrative interaction.I've played there several times as of the past month, usually early morning.

much the way CAx has become. I'm an admin of CAx servers but cant keep the riot-level banter in check. I'll probably become a novelty Quaker , anyone should feel lucky if im seen in a Q1 server heh.

I should expect more from a community that I've been apart of for 10+ years,and so should anyone else.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
      I dont understand how a 10+ year old game can still have adolescent behaviour especially considering how Quake isnt in great health as it is (NetQuake)
      Yeah, it's pretty amazing to me as well.

If people had better attitudes, the sky would be the limit.

But since the attitudes suck, bothering to promote the game would only lead to those individuals chasing away the newbies.

While some ppl with bad attitudes are at RQ, the boneheads who waste their time typing isn't scoring and probably being shot while he/she is doing so.

In my experience, only a small # of people are part of the problem and if anyone ever decided to do anything, 1 or 2 people vanishing via administration would probably fix the problem quite quickly. (Case in point, the 2 worst forum flamers here were singled out and sent packing way and you don't see raging 50 page flame threads here anymore and it was just 2 people banned).
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

who got banned

more 1v1 happening in DM which is alot of fun to watch and just wait your turn

i watched drama and nexus go at it, it was nice to watch because the match is long, and theres a ton more strategy

people dont mind waiting as long as theyre watching good quake. period.

or goto a cax server, start a good match between someone, then a third party shows up 5 rounds in, cc's yellow, and then guess what, they bitch. right? maybe theyre frustrated by all the gay shit that happens in between rounds when its not really a clan match, its 1v1, straight up, with all weapons and no power ups. it should be FASTER than DM

maybe cax needs more bracketry, like 1v1 mode, with NO COUNTDOWN TIMER, so you just spawn and go, since cax USED to be for big clan matchups and you had to get into position.

face it, quake is smaller now, more often you see small matches happening. cax is made for big games, thats why its frustrating

so essentially

1v1 mode, no timer, enforce a wait list (first connected is first in line, winner remains in play, next in line fights the winner), first person to damage count 5 wins. maybe goto splash screen at a random spawn point INSTANTLY after a frag (which cax does already) wait two seconds then boom - spawn - round two fight (no countdown). then youre not forced to watch the winner to some gay rj dance over the map until the screen hits, so you can wait two seconds, and then wait for a another 3 second countdown to begin. in a 1v1 match.

id rather wait in line to play the winner than wait for all the splashes and countdowns

the matches would go way faster, wait time is decreased allowing people to not care they are connected and waiting since they will have their turn shortly to fight the winner. and the winner sits on top of the board all day waiting for someone to take him down.. if you can take down the winner, its respectable, but we will see when its rematch time, he will probably whoop you again. surely you could judge a good player by how often he can play the same guy and REMAIN playing in the matches rather than being bumped to the bottom of the list.

if nobody likes it, obs moders can vote match and be the majority, and then the match mode begins after this 1v1 fight thats happening

simple

Comment

And the cycle continues.. this is like a monthly thread now, with some variation in context ..

We're at this point, because it is inevitable.

Forget trying to attribute factors to the demise of your favorite game. A decline stage is something every product/game faces, which is why we see subsequent follow ups.

You are the dying breed of Quakers, just like nintendo, snes, sega genesis, and so on.

Blame technology, blame marketing, blame the same old, but don't pin everything on the attitude of those playing, game play will always be superior to that.

Comment

Originally posted by sle1pn1r View Post
            who got banned

more 1v1 happening in DM which is alot of fun to watch and just wait your turn

i watched drama and nexus go at it, it was nice to watch because the match is long, and theres a ton more strategy

people dont mind waiting as long as theyre watching good quake. period.

or goto a cax server, start a good match between someone, then a third party shows up 5 rounds in, cc's yellow, and then guess what, they bitch. right? maybe theyre frustrated by all the gay shit that happens in between rounds when its not really a clan match, its 1v1, straight up, with all weapons and no power ups. it should be FASTER than DM

maybe cax needs more bracketry, like 1v1 mode, with NO COUNTDOWN TIMER, so you just spawn and go, since cax USED to be for big clan matchups and you had to get into position.

face it, quake is smaller now, more often you see small matches happening. cax is made for big games, thats why its frustrating

so essentially

1v1 mode, no timer, enforce a wait list (first connected is first in line, winner remains in play, next in line fights the winner), first person to damage count 5 wins. maybe goto splash screen at a random spawn point INSTANTLY after a frag (which cax does already) wait two seconds then boom - spawn - round two fight (no countdown). then youre not forced to watch the winner to some gay rj dance over the map until the screen hits, so you can wait two seconds, and then wait for a another 3 second countdown to begin. in a 1v1 match.

id rather wait in line to play the winner than wait for all the splashes and countdowns

the matches would go way faster, wait time is decreased allowing people to not care they are connected and waiting since they will have their turn shortly to fight the winner. and the winner sits on top of the board all day waiting for someone to take him down.. if you can take down the winner, its respectable, but we will see when its rematch time, he will probably whoop you again. surely you could judge a good player by how often he can play the same guy and REMAIN playing in the matches rather than being bumped to the bottom of the list.

if nobody likes it, obs moders can vote match and be the majority, and then the match mode begins after this 1v1 fight thats happening

simple
            Rocketarena ring a bell?

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
              And the cycle continues.. this is like a monthly thread now, with some variation in context ..

We're at this point, because it is inevitable.

Forget trying to attribute factors to the demise of your favorite game. A decline stage is something every product/game faces, which is why we see subsequent follow ups.

You are the dying breed of Quakers, just like nintendo, snes, sega genesis, and so on.

Blame technology, blame marketing, blame the same old, but don't pin everything on the attitude of those playing, game play will always be superior to that.
              Yep.
              QuakeOne.com
              Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
              Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
              Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

the general attitude on cax these days it totall and nonsensical bullshit....people talk total bullshit all day long and spam annoying text it gets even worse when certain people are on the servers and the admins do nothing about it because they are their friends in a fucking community of 25 players you would think someone would regulate the talk...but i go watch some dm games and nbody seems to have the time to spam that gay bind or talk about how fat your mother is or how many dicks have you sucked lately...well neat its pretty much ruining the game for the people who enjoy it
                just my 2 cents
                thx

Comment

Originally posted by haze View Post
                  the general attitude on cax these days it totall and nonsensical bullshit....people talk total bullshit all day long and spam annoying text it gets even worse when certain people are on the servers and the admins do nothing about it because they are their friends in a fucking community of 25 players you would think someone would regulate the talk...but i go watch some dm games and nbody seems to have the time to spam that gay bind or talk about how fat your mother is or how many dicks have you sucked lately...well neat its pretty much ruining the game for the people who enjoy it
                  just my 2 cents
                  thx

You can thank those who pay the bills, according to yellow5 , when my admin got mixed up some how (Im the only one with my admin code,so how this occured I'm not really sure) while r00k and bam was tinkering with CAx admin functions, and apparently only those deemed worthy of regulating 5 year olds into shutting their mouths are now able to mute,ban,or kick players.

I love the new approach to repopulating quake and pleasing the handful of "Boo hoo,I was treated unfairly" gamers that are left in Quake , which got my hands tied as being an admin. So since there isnt anyone to slap the kiddy's hands when they cant play nicely with others,it's pretty much anything goes. Maybe I should stick around ,and join in the festive's. Hell if everyone's being an ass, we can always fall back on If you cant beat em,join em. I've been apart of this community long enough to care,or not care,and since not caring is the majority vote, then I can hang around a little longer just so I can jump overboard before my favorite ship plunges into obscurity.

What a joke, this community is turning into an even bigger joke as well,especially with attitudes like Taliban's and Jeremy's.

The only one that even offered logical reasonings to my untimely departure.
                  Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 07-14-2008, 10:23 AM.

Comment

census isnt looking good.

Comment

You can thank those who pay the bills, according to yellow5 , when my admin got mixed up some how (Im the only one with my admin code,so how this occured I'm not really sure) while r00k and bam was tinkering with CAx admin functions, and apparently only those deemed worthy of regulating 5 year olds into shutting their mouths are now able to mute,ban,or kick players.

I love the new approach to repopulating quake and pleasing the handful of "Boo hoo,I was treated unfairly" gamers that are left in Quake , which got my hands tied as being an admin. So since there isnt anyone to slap the kiddy's hands when they cant play nicely with others,it's pretty much anything goes. Maybe I should stick around ,and join in the festive's. Hell if everyone's being an ass, we can always fall back on If you cant beat em,join em. I've been apart of this community long enough to care,or not care,and since not caring is the majority vote, then I can hang around a little longer just so I can jump overboard before my favorite ship plunges into obscurity.

What a joke, this community is turning into an even bigger joke as well,especially with attitudes like Taliban's and Jeremy's.

The only one that even offered logical reasonings to my untimely departure.
                      Offering a different point view does not classify my post as a joke, just because it doesn't fit your train of thought doesn't mean it's a "bad attitude".

Comment

cax is the only problem. and it's not any different than it used to be, seriously. same old crap, besides, ca has always sucked, it's always been a fallback mod. for instance, crctf is very popular right now, so ca has been more dead. i don't even really go to any ca servers, so I don't have much of an opinion on it, besides, if you want to leave, then leave.

i voted no because my netquake experience has not diminished. you make a thread about CAX but make the poll about NQ, doesn't make sense. Do you refer to CA as the mod, or NetQuake as a whole? because i feel that the nonsense from my point of view, is at a pretty good low?

I don't mean to be utterly disrespectful at all in this.
                        Last edited by Frenzy; 07-14-2008, 06:07 PM.
                        uakene.com

Comment

I love the new approach to repopulating quake and pleasing the handful of "Boo hoo,I was treated unfairly" gamers that are left in Quake , which got my hands tied as being an admin.
                          What new approch would that be?

So we messed it up for you and your crew of infallible admins, damn.

I really haven't seen much of ANYTHING happening since Baker stopped working on ProQuake, R00k & Bam stopped working on CAX, Bank quit Qradio, and the Quakeone.com forums altogether, Canadian*Sniper stopped working on his SmashQuake mod, not just bump their gums.

Expecting Quake to become popular again is pretty much a pipe dream, I think its great that theres a few stragglers who decide to actually spend money keeping what is offer'd for free afloat and also for people who help in their free time.

But in the end, there will be no heros, trust me. Enjoy the game, ignore the assholes, or else you're really not playing it for the game, only to whine like a little bitch.

So keep whining that your admin code doesn't give you enough power to play God on the handful of Quake 1 players who exist, then turn around and blame the very players who've actually done something to try and help improve the game except open their mouths and drive their daddies car acting like king shit.

I've washed my hands of helping with Quake 1, there is no point. You kiddies have fun now.

P.S

I don't need to vote
                          Last edited by Phenom; 07-14-2008, 02:16 PM.
                          QuakeOne.com
                          Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                          Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
                          Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                            What new approch would that be?

So we messed it up for you and your crew of infallible admins, damn.

I really haven't seen much of ANYTHING happening since Baker stopped working on ProQuake, R00k & Bam stopped working on CAX, Bank quit Qradio, and the Quakeone.com forums altogether, Canadian*Sniper stopped working on his SmashQuake mod, not just bump their gums.

Expecting Quake to become popular again is pretty much a pipe dream, I think its great that theres a few stragglers who decide to actually spend money keeping what is offer'd for free afloat and also for people who help in their free time.

But in the end, there will be no heros, trust me. Enjoy the game, ignore the assholes, or else you're really not playing it for the game, only to whine like a little bitch.

So keep whining that your admin code doesn't give you enough power to play God on the handful of Quake 1 players who exist, then turn around and blame the very players who've actually done something to try and help improve the game except open their mouths and drive their daddies car acting like king shit.

I've washed my hands of helping with Quake 1, there is no point. You kiddies have fun now.

P.S

I don't need to vote
                            I don't know why, but I kind of agree with this. Your hands tied as being admin? Who cares. Why do you feel you need to be more of an admin? There's TOO MANY admins as is.

As Phenom just said, enjoy the game, play it, have fun, ignore those who you think diminish your gaming experience. And as I've been told, quit crying.
                            uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                              I haven't stopped working on anything, per se. I've pressed the pause button.

Quake is a monumental and timeless game. It will always be.

I only expend effort to win and at the present time a short path to this is unclear. As a result, I'm taking a mental time-out.

A game is about the quality of the experience. Quake has much to offer, but there are rough edges that need to be smoothed out (like Rook's entirely self-contained web download and in my opinion the addition of a pure Clan Arena mode into RuneQuake [in addition to Pure DM, FFA DM and Rocket Arena which it already supports], which will allow higher utilization of servers).

Due largely to this site, there are no fixed time frames where things cannot be changed. We are somewhere in the top 3 in Google and will likely remain there indefinitely and there are plenty of intermittent fans of good old NQ that hang around the site.

So Quake isn't going to die tomorrow, next month or next year. There is ample time to think about what could boost the game.
                              Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Working...
                              X