Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a pretty big issue that google cant even solve.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a pretty big issue that google cant even solve.

Alright here is whats up.....

I am trying to get TF 2.8 to run....i added the pak file into the glquake directory and it starts up. It shows the intro and all for TF. The minute i goto single player it does not work. My main goal is im trying to get myself and a buddy to play coop mode using the TF classes, i want just to play a tcp/ip game, nothing over the internet. I have done it in the past MANY years ago....but i cant seem to get the darn thing to work, because when it starts up it should ask you which class you want to select. I have searched many sites, including this one with no luck.

There is a link for youtube which shows it can be done...here it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99cShC4qmlc

I have quakeworld and i cant figure it out for the life of me if i can get it to work in that, i have tried it in standard glquake mode.

I am just wondering if its a simple fix that i am overlooking, it has been so long since i have done it, any help at all would be appericated, because this is the last bastion of hope. lol

Thanks in advance

Originally posted by SPOON69 View Post
    Alright here is whats up.....

I am trying to get TF 2.8 to run....i added the pak file into the glquake directory and it starts up. It shows the intro and all for TF. The minute i goto single player it does not work. My main goal is im trying to get myself and a buddy to play coop mode using the TF classes, i want just to play a tcp/ip game, nothing over the internet. I have done it in the past MANY years ago....but i cant seem to get the darn thing to work, because when it starts up it should ask you which class you want to select. I have searched many sites, including this one with no luck.

There is a link for youtube which shows it can be done...here it is....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99cShC4qmlc

I have quakeworld and i cant figure it out for the life of me if i can get it to work in that, i have tried it in standard glquake mode.

I am just wondering if its a simple fix that i am overlooking, it has been so long since i have done it, any help at all would be appericated, because this is the last bastion of hope. lol

Thanks in advance
    I'd recommend heading over to http://www.quakeworld.nu and asking that. I'm sure they can help you get it setup right.

(This site is more geared towards original Quake than QW).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Quakeworld has no monsters as standard, could this be your problem?
      Try grabbing Qrack (or another Quake derived client) and load the mod up in that, TF2.8 works fine for me in single player with Qrack and should do for you too as long as you have pak0 and pak1 in the right place.
      Qoetia B4 == 1.93Mb

Expo Booth '08
      !AXATAXA! == 355.24 Kb Want to take on Quake with only your axe?
      Hunting shamblers since 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by Senban View Post
        Quakeworld has no monsters as standard, could this be your problem?
        Try grabbing Qrack (or another Quake derived client) and load the mod up in that, TF2.8 works fine for me in single player with Qrack and should do for you too as long as you have pak0 and pak1 in the right place.
        where should pak0 and pak1 be? do i put the other pak file in the same folder?

Comment

if the pak1 and pak0 your refering to are TF mod files, then stick them in Quake\TF\ and then run qrack.exe -game tf

atleast thats how you ran a mod back in the old days, and then you create a specific shortcut for the mod.

But Qrack has its own directory so I dont know how that will be an issue with how I recall to run a pak mod...
          Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
            if the pak1 and pak0 your refering to are TF mod files, then stick them in Quake\TF\ and then run qrack.exe -game tf

atleast thats how you ran a mod back in the old days, and then you create a specific shortcut for the mod.

But Qrack has its own directory so I dont know how that will be an issue with how I recall to run a pak mod...
            do i type -run tf in the quake console?

Comment

i would use batch file like

make it say

"your quake client name here" -game "your mod folder's name here"

Comment

Originally posted by metchsteekle View Post
                i would use batch file like

make it say

"your quake client name here" -game "your mod folder's name here"
                this is the "anet.inf" file

[ActiveNet]
                Cmdline=
                Name=Quake
                Run=quake.exe -game TF
                SessionType=
                Platform=1
                Language=255
                Version=1.7
                ShellOpts=

[Version Info]
                Version=1.0
                QA=2420
                Branch=0.0

[Product Info]
                ProductID=ultquakew98
                ProductName=Quake
                WebReg=http://cgi.activision.com/cgi/webreg/webreg

something like that?

Comment

...ummmmm wut i had in mind was a batch [.bat] file, wich is just a text file that has commands in it to link one program with a folder or somthing, im not sure how to make one from scratch, i usually just copy the .bat thats thaere

i think u should have a q95 or somthing, try that,and hit edit

Comment

...ummmmm wut i had in mind was a batch [.bat] file, wich is just a text file that has commands in it to link one program with a folder or somthing, im not sure how to make one from scratch, i usually just copy the .bat thats thaere

i think u should have a q95 or somthing, try that,and hit edit
                    well here is my q95 file

qlaunch quakeudp.dll quake.exe -game TF %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

looks good for qrack? or should i just run it in glquake?

sorry about the hassle, its just been so long since i have done this, i really want it to work....the pak files are in the Id1 dir, is that where they should be?

Plus to there is only 1 pak file when i unzip the TF 2.8, is there suppose to be more than 1?
                    Last edited by SPOON69; 07-19-2008, 07:46 AM.

Comment

alright now copy that, make a new folder for teamfortess it was?
                      and call it tf
                      no name the copy of the batch file tf and edit it to be

glqrack -game TF %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

then save and clicks it and it should work

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post

the "-game" folder has priority over the "/qrack" folder.

Here's the contents of a bat file that Avalanche made for his netQuake HDZ servers.
                        :top

@echo on

start /w wqpro.exe -game cax -dedicated 16 -ip 66.228.116.233 -udpport 26000 -zone 1024 -condebug qconsole%d +developer 1 -heapsize 32000 %%1 %%2 %%3 %%4 %%5 %%6 %%7

@Echo off

echo.

echo ** The Server has been closed **

echo.

echo ** Will restart Server in 15 seconds **

echo.

echo ** Press S to restart Server now **

echo.

echo ** Press Q to Quit **

echo.

choice /n /c:qs /t:s,15

if errorlevel 2 goto top

:end
                        Last edited by R00k; 07-19-2008, 11:58 AM.
                        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

alright now copy that, make a new folder for teamfortess it was?
                          and call it tf
                          no name the copy of the batch file tf and edit it to be

glqrack -game TF %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

then save and clicks it and it should work
                          Still has not worked....

Now where should my TF pak file should be? in the qrack dir or the glquake dir should anything be moved around, i made a batch file in the TF dir exactly the way you told me and i edited the q95 file and saved it....when i unzip the fortress file when i installed it the directory was called "fortress".

Can you walk me through step by step?

Comment

aight lets see heere if i dont screw up this maped sector

ok

the team fort should be in quake/"name of the tf folder weather its tf or fotress"

the bat shulb be in the "quake/" also

and its hould read:

glqrack -game "name of the folder that teh tf is in [ie TF or fortress]

and all the paks and progs ant etc etc of team fortress should be in the "fortress or TF" folder

ok me thinks i gots it

oh ya! and when u put the names of the client and folder in the bat make sure u have them exactly as they ae in "quake/" [ie the caps and appenditures such as '[' ']' ans so]

an example if ijust made no sense would be meh fvf

client name - "glqrack"
                            folder name - "fvf"
                            fvf related items are in - "quake/fvf"
                            .bat file - "fvf" [named as to not cause me confution]
                            bat reads - "glqrack -game fvf 1% 2% 3% 4% 5% 6% 7% 8% 9%"

note; the ( " " and ' ' ) around the names are not used in the names so "fvf" would be fvf as the file name, but i think you would know that
                            [i hope i ansured the question right and dident make an ass of my self :/]

Comment

ok this is the q95 file and how it reads

"qlaunch quakeudp.dll glQrack.exe -game Fortress %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9"

look good?

now do i need the same .bat file in my TF dir?

Comment

Working...
                              X