Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• id like to get something off my chest

here it goes.

i am not a good player. back in the CTF days, rarely did i ever come out in first place, and when i did, it was either luck, or because people kept leaving.

when i score first place in shmack, its usually rune dependancy.

i dont own anyone, really. ive been playing almost as long as any of you, and im scarcely better than your average newb.

thank you

"It's not the size of the dog in the fight; It's the size of the fight in the dog."
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I have something to get off my hairy chest too:

I don't like runequake. Never did and probably never will. If you see me there, it's because I couldn't find any other full servers or I don't feel like going on a killing spree. I usually just use the shotty and see how many rocket whoring newbs I can kill.

I tend to joke and taunt around a lot in quake matches, even 1 on 1s. It's just my style of play. I realise that dancing around my opponent brings me at a slight disadvantage in RA but I do it to taunt and anger the opponent.

Unless your binds are something simple like "Haha" or "gg", I find spamming binds annoying. I admit that I used to use them sometime ago but now I realise it's newbishly annoying. Ofcourse you only see this on RuneQuake

So in a nutshell, I dislike RuneQuake and you're lucky if you got my full attention in 1 on 1. Jester's going to spank your butt, spank you on the bum.

Comment

Jester is icky

Comment

I have something to get off of my silky smooth chest as well, I'll be the first to admit that I'm truly horrible at quake multiplayer, and really more of a loremaster. It's fine to be bad at Quake! It's just a game, I still have fun, even if I'm in last place!
          "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Originally posted by Death Knight
            i am not a good player
            Huh? I thought you were rock solid in CTF, a hell of a lot better than I am in that game.

Good is all a matter of perspective, I tend to hang out with players who are better than me because I like challenge.

I guess when you let go of worrying about your play level, that is when most players start evolving.

That's my opinion at least.

I've always felt that having fun is more important than anything else.
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

oh, dont get me wrong, im not worried about it. chances are, i will probably never improve anymore than i already have over the years. i still enjoy the game greatly.

the only reason i did good that one time at CTF was cause i had some kind of blood lust running over me, probably cause it was my first CTF game in.....a long ass time. withdrawl or somethin, iunno

Comment

I have something to get off my plastic-surgery-incised-scarred-chest as well. These dang scrambled eggs. Anybody got a spoon?

Comment

You have my condolences

Comment

Unless your binds are something simple like "Haha" or "gg", I find spamming binds annoying. I admit that I used to use them sometime ago but now I realise it's newbishly annoying. Ofcourse you only see this on RuneQuake
                    Like me, with my RAWR! bind?

Don't feel bad, Death Knight dood, I suck at CTF too. I also find it very annoying, I don't think I'll EVER be going to intertex again.

Comment

Working...
                    X