Will come back to quake if..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will come back to quake if..

1) People stop playing on Speaknow and more on rage.
    2) If speaknow is fixed and I ping 100 or lower again. I refuse to be play with 140 ping.
    3) If there are more DM matches on a server I ping below 100 on.

1). i dunno what to tell ya. think its just the majority of people ping better to speak then anything else.
    your other two problems bro, i'd say call your isp and raise hell!!!
    ...Fiction is the truth inside the lie...

Comment

Originally posted by cinsere View Post
      1). i dunno what to tell ya. think its just the majority of people ping better to speak then anything else.
      your other two problems bro, i'd say call your isp and raise hell!!!

My ISP is fine.

Comment

well you say fixed like you pinged fine befor... it sounds to me like your routing changed... cause no one else has a problem with speak.. =[
        ...Fiction is the truth inside the lie...

Comment

Originally posted by cinsere View Post
          well you say fixed like you pinged fine befor... it sounds to me like your routing changed... cause no one else has a problem with speak.. =[
          Im not the only one on the west side who has had this problem.

Comment

I don't think 2 of those 3 things you listed are very feasible, maybe its time to just deal with it :/
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
              I don't think 2 of those 3 things you listed are very feasible, maybe its time to just deal with it :/
              I'd rather just not play.

Comment

Originally posted by Souless View Post
                I'd rather just not play.
                Goodbye, then. It doesn't sound like you will be missed that much...
                16:03:04 <gb> when I put in a sng, I think I might need nails
                16:03:30 <gb> the fact that only playtesting tells me that probably means that my mind is a sieve

Comment

Gee fellas, if we all band together we can bring him back to quake1! Whadya Say!?!?

Comment

to the quake mobeal
                    dananananananana danananana Q1!!!!
                    [.....]

Comment

hey I liked playing with souless and would like to see him come back. my speaknow ping is fucked also :/. for me that means 50-60 ping instead of 25 though. I don't know whats up, peoples routing to chicago has been all fucked up for like 3-4 months now. It seems to mostly be people on comcast? and actually the speaknow server has been really choppy this week, i think fatpipes is overloading the box its on

There are actually a lot of people who prefer rage. People come on all the time and say "rage anyone??" If you want to start a game on rage just connect it doesn't take long. I do this whenever speaknow isn't smooth for me.
                      uakene.com

Comment

heh

As you all may know, I very rarely respond to this threads, but this I found a little confusing.

First off Souless, you are not missing anything. Second, almost every day for the past few weeks there has been some sort of DM activity. Even more impressing, everyday last week there were multiple ctf games going on throughout the day.

I would like to see you come back to quake as well, but that requires communication. You vanish for months, keep very little contact with anyone, and expect to be pampered into coming back to a game you seem to not care for anyway.

The routing to Chicago has been messed up for months, so I do not think complaining to your isp will clear the situation. I am more than willing to play on rage with you, but then that requires effort on your behalf. You can contact me here, or on mirc. I'm not a hard person to find.

I may offer this as a suggestion, try ctf.

Comment

its not everyones routing. It depends on your ISP. Im coming from texas and i still ping 40 to speaknow. Why dont you just drop your Cable and get DSL.

Also Rage is fun and all but its getting ridiculous now with the 40 ROCKETS/GL count cap. Comeon... we have gone from 100 to 50 and now to 40? What is next? 10 rockets and the person that waits until the end wins?

GL takes 2 rockets to use as well..

The Rocket Launcher and the Grenade Launcher were put into the game to be USED. You call it spam when i toss grenades but is that any different than firing your rockets at walls near the ground or around corners hoping to catch someone? No its the same thing. We need to go back to the way these weapons were intended to be used.

If you are good enough then you wont walk around acorner blindly into a pile of grenades or try and fight at the mound with 10 other people.

Comment

you rock

Originally posted by Disco Rockstar View Post
                            If you are good enough then you wont walk around acorner blindly into a pile of grenades or try and fight at the mound with 10 other people.
                            The knowledge of God has be given to you

It is definetuckingly time to go back to the original weapon useage.
                            "

Comment

sorry disco but how exactly are u qualified to say how the developers intended the weapons to be used? You are certain that they intended the grenade launcher to be used primarily as a weapon for firing into other rooms while camping an area? The idea of the firing gl using up two rockets is to discourage people from exactly the type of play that you tend to rely on when you get on your high horse about "I'll play how I want to play, who are you to tell me how I should play this game." Which still boggles my mind sometimes since you're obviously capable of just running around looking for a fight which is what I and most people who still play ca do(it's also what you did last time I saw you play).

But yes, using rocket launcher to fire at doors or walls while sitting in one general area is also spam. No denying that. Everything in moderation though disco...a little bit of spam is pretty accepted in quake. It's only when you decide to try to piss people off by spamming constantly(and you know you have, also no denying that) that you will be verbally accosted for it. Thanks for your time. ;D

Comment

Working...
                              X