X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mindz n Family

says bring that shit! haha
    Local forecasted weather.

Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Looks to me like you're Princess Peach and that red stuff is an oversized mario coming in for some pwning!

I'm sure you got your shotgun ready to fend it off

Hope its just an exciting weather show don't go gettn sucked up in a storm now! hahaq
    Last edited by Phenom; 09-01-2008, 01:03 AM.
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

That hurricane was owned as soon as I got my finger on the trigger and my eye on the quad!~

Quake Master > Hurricane

haha
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

What a horrible dissapointment.

fucking horrible.

I'm sure they jacked their jaws about New Orleans the whole time as well.

I wasnt here for Katrina (MS,30min from the Gulf), but from what I gathered from the public in the Gulfport/Biloxi area, was that New Orleans didnt get shit of Katrina compared to Gulfport/Biloxi , New Orleans fell victim to a physic's fact : If your under sea level,your prone for flooding.

The real devastation of Katrina was along Highway 90 , and as well the fact that Bay of St. Louis was almost wiped off the face of the planet.

I could be wrong, but I think the only reason why New Orleans got so much publicity from Katrina was due to the population being mostly African American allowed the possibility of racial issues being present, and the news media loves some good racism to report.

lol

Comment

The reason Katrina, and New Orleans in particular, received so much coverage was because it was a huge F*** up for the federal government. Those people were left there to die while FEMA had their heads up their ass. It was also "the costliest hurricane in the history of the United states and among the top five deadliest" according to Wikipedia. Nearly every dam in New Orleans was breached and 1,577 people died in New Orleans and another 705 remain listed as "missing". It had absolutely nothing to do with the color of cities inhabitants and everything to do with the great tragedy that it was.

"The failure of the New Orleans flood protection system prompted a congressional investigation into the Army Corps of Engineers, which by statute has sole responsibility for it. Other congressional investigations were launched into response of the federal, state and local governments, resulting in the resignation of Federal Emergency Management Agency director Michael D. Brown. Conversely, the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service were widely commended for accurate forecasts and abundant lead time.[5] Three years later, thousands of displaced residents in Mississippi and Louisiana were still living in trailers." - Wikipedia

Unfortunately color did play a factor as it became painfully obvious. If that kind of damaged happened in an affluent white community in say, Vermont, you can bet your ass the government would have responded in a much more timely manner.

That was such an ignorant statement, that I couldn't let it pass. No real problem with you Mindzy, but that was despicable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina -read about it for yourself.
          Last edited by Cherrie; 09-03-2008, 06:29 PM. Reason: Added Wikipedia link

Comment

Originally posted by Cherrie View Post
            The reason Katrina, and New Orleans in particular, received so much coverage was because it was a huge F*** up for the federal government. Those people were left there to die while FEMA had their heads up their ass. It was also "the costliest hurricane in the history of the United states and among the top five deadliest" according to Wikipedia. Nearly every dam in New Orleans was breached and 1,577 people died in New Orleans and another 705 remain listed as "missing". It had absolutely nothing to do with the color of cities inhabitants and everything to do with the great tragedy that it was.

"The failure of the New Orleans flood protection system prompted a congressional investigation into the Army Corps of Engineers, which by statute has sole responsibility for it. Other congressional investigations were launched into response of the federal, state and local governments, resulting in the resignation of Federal Emergency Management Agency director Michael D. Brown. Conversely, the National Hurricane Center and National Weather Service were widely commended for accurate forecasts and abundant lead time.[5] Three years later, thousands of displaced residents in Mississippi and Louisiana were still living in trailers." - Wikipedia

Unfortunately color did play a factor as it became painfully obvious. If that kind of damaged happened in an affluent white community in say, Vermont, you can bet your ass the government would have responded in a much more timely manner.

That was such an ignorant statement, that I couldn't let it pass. No real problem with you Mindzy, but that was despicable.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hurricane_Katrina -read about it for yourself.
            Go learnt a book mindz!

Cherrie - 1
            Mindzy - 0
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Comment

Opinions are assholes,everyone has one.You dont have to like or agree with the next persons..

Yours comes from what I gather, a wiki-site.

I dont know if you know, but I live 30 minutes from the Gulf of Mexico, as well, 1 hour from New Orleans.

Your going to dub my opinionated statement,that was reached from living and socializing with the communities of southern mississippi gulfport/biloxi area, an ignorant statement.

haha, okay whatever.

I guess the fact that New Orleans was practically put in the lime light over flooding and looting, that was the two biggest things in the media about Katrina.

Flooding and Looting occured in Gulfport as well but I didnt hear dick about Gulfport's flooding or looting while I was living in Virginia.

The fact that it did occur,and the news media to the best of my knowledge , which is what I seen/heard on CNN/Fox News etc, at the time of being in VA,then moving to MS and find out that New Orleans didnt get shit from Katrina compared to Gulfport,Bay St. Louis,Biloxi?????

Your fucking right I'll pull the race card and call it like I see it.

Like I said, you dont have to like my asshole or even acknowledge my asshole, buy my opinion still stands and your google + copy + paste arithmetic in my eyes makes you out to be the one ignorant

regaurdless, I'm glad we could bond and share opinions,assholes,whatever. I'm also glad that I got to feed the monkeys (Phenom) while we had our convo
              Everyone loves a petting zoo, no?
              Last edited by Mindf!3ldzX; 09-04-2008, 07:37 AM.

Comment

I wiki'ed the article because that site is widely respected and informative. You can read the congressional reports if you'd like, but as they are legalese of basically what was posted at Wiki, I thought I would save you time. While the damage to Mississippi and resulting loss of life were not inconseqeuntial, 235 people died and the Mississippi coastline was devasted but, the damage was in no way comparative to the damage in New Orleans, where 80% of the parish was flooded and remained that way for weeks.

The fact that you are using race astounds me considering according to the US Census here:

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...tate=04000US28

the racial lines in Mississippi are 60.1% white and 37.4% black. Are you suggesting only whites in Mississippi were affected by the destruction and therefore did not get any media coverage? That seems a bit silly.

I didn't come here to argue with you, it just seemed an ignorant, racist statement. I thought I would give you a chance to educated yourself about the incident, instead of going by what you've heard from the locals. You admitted yourself you weren't "there" for Katrina, so what you are repeating as "truth" is heresay. What I have offered instead are the facts.
                Last edited by Cherrie; 09-04-2008, 05:50 PM. Reason: typo's

Comment

Originally posted by Cherrie View Post
                  I wiki'ed the article because that site is widely respected and informative. You can read the congressional reports if you'd like, but as they are legalese of basically what was posted at Wiki, I thought I would save you time. While the damage to Mississippi and resulting loss of life were not inconseqeuntial, 235 people died and the Mississippi coastline was devasted but, the damage was in no way comparative to the damage in New Orleans, where 80% of the parish was flooded and remained that way for weeks.

The fact that you are using race astounds me considering according to the US Census here:

http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet...tate=04000US28

the racial lines in Mississippi are 60.1% white and 37.4% black. Are you suggesting only whites in Mississippi were affected by the destruction and therefore did not get any media coverage? That seems a bit silly.

I didn't come here to argue with you, it just seemed an ignorant, racist statement. I thought I would give you a chance to educated yourself about the incident, instead of going by what you've heard from the locals. You admitted yourself you weren't "there" for Katrina, so what you are repeating as "truth" is heresay. What I have offered instead are the facts.
                  I repeat..

Go learnt something mindzy

Opening your mouth before you have complete knowledge of your own topic... that's not gangsta...

and calling me a monkey is calling the kettle black wodi
                  QuakeOne.com
                  Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
                  Great Quake engine

Comment

Working...
                  X