back to quake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• back to quake

hey im back to playin quake... but i got a few questions... i just reinstalled it and looked at the server list and there's like no servers left i played a few months ago and there were quite a few do i need a patch or something? anyways planning on strating to mod small and hopefully make something bigger. thanks guys

There are still a number of popular servers around, see the top right section of the home page of this site for the latest activity. Quake.Shmack.net in the US and bigfoot.quake1.net in northern Europe are probably the most busy. As far as I'm aware neither server require any sort of patch in order to play there.

Is the problem that you can't find a live server? can find one but can't connect to it properly, or that you can but can't find anyone to play against? Perhaps if you could give us a bit more info to go on we might be able to help you :d

Initially I'd suggest firing up quake/ProQuake/Qrack/Darkplaces go in to console via the tilde key and type connect quake.shmack.net:26000 and press return. Normally this will connect any of the above quake engines to the Shmack server.

Kind regards

Monty
    Mr.Burns
    "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
    WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
    Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

well, im using ezquake and i just downloaded quake and installed it. i just didnt know if there was any patches for quake itself that i needed i dont know how to find the version of quake im running .

Comment

ezquake is a QuakeWorld engine, if you want to play that you should try www.quakeworld.nu

This board is focused on Netquake, as far as I know Proquake is the engine to use. If you are in the US then Netquake surely is what you want.
        Quake 1 Singleplayer Maps and Mods

Comment

Working...
        X