Trick Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trick Maps

So I grabbed the trick maps made for quakeworld, because I wanna use them in netquake. I've been testing the maps with quite a few players, mainly R00k and Mylo. A lot of the tricks are possible, and I've completed quite a few. I do them online, connected to a server, and with 100 ping so I know more of you can do them. What I want to do is tweak the settings on the server, so it WILL be different than the ticrate, etc on other servers, but this server is meant to be like coop.runequake (just fun!).

Right now on test.quakeone.com is trick11.bsp. I want some of you to go and try the tricks out, let me know what you think, there's more trick maps, and I'll put them all below. It's best to play this map in practice mode with an rj and gl only. Try to do the tricks how they tell you to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

(When the download starts on any map you choose, click 'Save As' and save to your Quake/ID1/maps folder). At the bottom is a link to download all of them in a .zip file if you'd rather do that.

Trick Map Downloads

trick11.bsp

trix2.bsp

trick1.bsp

trick.bsp

way2ez.bsp

way2ez2.bsp

zjumps.bsp

ztricks.bsp

ztricks2.bsp

Download all Trick Maps

Trick Maps

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Screenshots

I've included a few screenshots from the map way2ez2.bsp just to show you guys what it is like. Although these maps are for QuakeWorld, you CAN play them in netquake, and tricks ARE possible, with the exception of quite a few I think some of you would love these, they are fun! Play them offline if you'd like for now.

uakene.com

Can't conect to server

Hey Frenzy, I dload'd all the maps and then tried to connect to server
    and I got this message "GL_LoadTexture:cache mismatch".

Got any ideas?

Comment

Interesting post and I'm happy to have a go but this is really Peg's, Corty's and Polarite's area of expertise Are you up for it guys?
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Burns View Post
        Interesting post and I'm happy to have a go but this is really Peg's, Corty's and Polarite's area of expertise Are you up for it guys?
        these maps are on EuroQuake too! (unzip in id1\maps)
        (includes all the maps frenzy posted and a few more..)

say !tricks in main-chat on euroquake for the details..
        Last edited by =peg=; 09-10-2008, 02:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
        X