GCHQ server is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCHQ server is back!

For those who care, the good old GCHQ server is back up and running!
    • IP: 130.88.201.229:26000
    • DNS: gchq.mine.nu

It's home-base is Manchester University UK (correct me if I'm wrong) witch utilizes a big fat pipe to ensure very smooth gaming and nice low ping for most of us in Europe

For now its running plain old cr-mod with the following custom maps:

aerowalk - alk08dm - bless - cleaver - omdm1 - q3dm6qw - skull - ultrav - ztndm3 - ztndm4

This may change in time but for now I'll leave it as is..

I'm also considering running a CTF server on port 26001, since there are none left in Europe at the moment.
    Let me know if you are interested and specify your preferred CTF-mod and settings.
    If there is enough interest and consensus on the mod I'll do it.

Kudos to slaphappy happyslappy for hosting!
    3wave
    50.00%
    CR-CTF
    0.00%
    JIT
    50.00%
    Other, please specify..
    0.00%

A CTF server in the UK would be great assuming it could get players. Can you do a map pack (assuming that isn't from one of the commonly used map packs) for the cr-mod server?
    Qoetia B4 == 1.93Mb

Expo Booth '08
    !AXATAXA! == 355.24 Kb Want to take on Quake with only your axe?
    Hunting shamblers since 1996.

Comment

It's good news to hear slappy has fired up the old GCHQ server, and thanks to peg for bringing this to the Nq community's attention, Although tbh I'm not entirely sure why but any CTF/CTS/RQ derivative's seem to have largely died a death in europe and we seem to largely stick to dm derivatives. I must confess that I am one these people but I do wish the best for other derivatives

Kind regards

Monty
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

It happens
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

no wya should try somthing new like:

wresling - http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=1

qoetia - http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=178

hunt or be hunted - http://qexpo.tastyspleen.net/booth.php?id=201

im aming at simpile stuff thars easy to just connect and start...you know with out thinking ;}

Comment

Can you do a map pack (assuming that isn't from one of the commonly used map packs) for the cr-mod server?
            all of them maps (except for omdm1) are in in the euroquake-map-pack but get the dredd-map-pack too while you're at it..
            (since all of those are on the euroquake server too.. GCHQ has only the 10 customs listed above tho)

Comment

Working...
            X