The coolest trick ever!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The coolest trick ever!

I was gonna show this ghost guy in CA the dm6 lightning floor trick,and during the warp the server crashed. So, crashing the server took place of the intended trick. and now he's gone

wtf?
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Isn't the dm6 lightning floor trick only coded into the mod in QW? The shootable door access to the LG and ring, correct?

Comment

Excuse my newbieness but I'm intrigued. Just what is the DMG lightning trick?
      Mr.Burns
      "Helping to keep this community friendly, helpful, and clean of spammers since 2006"
      WWW: Quake Terminus , QuakeVoid You Tube: QuakeVoid
      Servers: Quake.shmack.net, damage.servequake.com

News: JCR's excellent ctsj_jcr map is being ported to OOT

Comment

Well the easiest way to know what I'm talking about is to watch a QW movie that has this featured in it, which I think is quite a few.

In QW CA mods you stand on the shootable door leading to the lightning gun + ring and shoot it with your lightning gun which makes it quickly rise into the air for a ways until something damages it, for example, a rocket jump or it reaches maximum height. After it rises into the air it returns to its original position and opens like normal. If you're not standing on it and shoot it with the LG it won't rise up. This feature is always used to rocket jump up to the grenade launcher deck.

Comment

I don't think he was talking about that trick, but the lgbug trick. Where you can hit somebody off to your side with the lightning gun.

Comment

I seem to remember that trick being exclusive to QW. The platform would actually pop up giving you a boost.
            Chuck

Comment

I was talking about red armour room specifically, although it happens all through out quake levels.

shoot the floor, opponent takes damage even though your not aiming at the opponent.
              Its the only area I have ever been able to replicate the "Random damage" that you sometimes experience in anymod anyserver of Q1. Ever been running down a hall way or whatever, and all of a sudden you take damage but no one is around you? most likely its the same type of glitch/trick , except Dm6 has the easiest reproducable version.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Has anyone ever seen you and Alice Cooper in the same room?

Comment

Working...
                X