Proquake 4.00 White Textures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proquake 4.00 White Textures

I recently updated my video card drivers and a result of that my PQ 4.00 client now has white textures... The sky and the UI are fine though. Can anyone help me with fixing this.

Originally posted by Whysee View Post
    I recently updated my video card drivers and a result of that my PQ 4.00 client now has white textures... The sky and the UI are fine though. Can anyone help me with fixing this.
    Try adding -no8bit to the command line. Let me know if that fixes it, it's worked for other people.

It's a somewhat common problem with glquake and glpro; I'm probably going to add the "fix" in the next version.

All white textures in GL-engines
    This might be caused by graphic drivers that offer 8-bit shared texture palette handling but fail
    to actually do so. Try adding option "-no8bit".
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

thanks baker looks better! But now I have another problem.. I don't know if this was caused by me when trying to fix my white textures but, Now the graphics look edgy and not very good... And also when I start a new game on the Introduction map staring at the portals they now look blurry when before when at a distance from things they looked fine. Any help would be appreciated.
      Last edited by Whysee; 10-06-2008, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Try gl_picmip 0 if you have that changed and then restart the map.

If that isn't it, this is just a wild guess but trying adding -nomtex to the command to disable multitexture and maybe -bpp 16.

If that doesn't fix it, I'd probably need the following:

1. Does Qrack have the problem as well.
        2. A screenshot (my imagination sucks)
        2. Your command line
        3. Your config.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Actually I got it... I changed my video mode from 640X480 to 1600X1200 and that fixed the problem of bad graphics and things being blurry at a distance. Thanks alot baker. You rock. Also I love the new proquake 4.00 I can now goto windows from quake without coming back to quake being messed up. Keep up the good work dude.

Comment

You're a newb yc lol

Comment

yc!!
              Cbuf_AddText (va("say ZeroQuake GL version 1.10\n"));

Comment

Working...
              X