DarkPlaces + DPMod + ULTRA TEXT PACK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DarkPlaces + DPMod + ULTRA TEXT PACK

Hi, i have install the DarkPlaces Engine in a quake folder, i have download the ULTRA TEXTURES PACK from Rygel's and place in a QUAKE/ID1/ forlder, its work but, how to install dpmod whit the ULTRA TEXTURE PACK...

Ok, here is my recommendation ...

Our downloads section is offline and may end up being rebuilt, so here is where a few .pk3 files for DarkPlaces reside:

http://www.quake-1.com/files/textures/

I can't say what will happen if you mix and match these with other .pk3 files.

But using .pk3 files is a hell of lot easier than trying to manually install models in DarkPlaces in the progs folder and what not. It would take a week of explanation because there are .mdl, .md3, .md3 with .mdl extension and brush models and it is just too much of a pain to go there.

Browse through that folder and you can play with some of the different files with the .pk3 extension and toss them into your quake/id1 folder. (I'm not saying that any of the stuff is great or anything, but the monster.pk3 in particular looks Tenebraeish with real time lighting on).
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I have RYGELS.DP.TEXTURESPACK.ULTRA.PK3 and i want to play this with DPMod for the effect of the mod and add the tenebrae monster files too, but i dont know how install DPMod and play it with the ULTRA PK3...

Comment

YEAH !!!! I have extract the dpmod folder into quake folder and i have activate in the mod option in the game and its work great but now how to install the tenebrae monster skin into the game ( http://pandemonium.planetquake.gamespy.com/ )

Comment

How i can make sure the mod start automaticaly when i start the game?

Comment

http://www.quake-1.com/files/texture...skins-ogro.pk3

Toss into quake/id1
            Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

"C:\Quake I\DARKPLACES.EXE" -game DPMOD

Now for the moster, how i can install it..

Comment

Save this into http://www.quake-1.com/files/texture...skins-ogro.pk3 ---> "C:\Quake I\id1\"

After:

"C:\Quake I\DARKPLACES.EXE" -game DPMOD

Comment

I have a problem, when i play the DPMod the heath box (item) is not green like i play the normal darkplaces...

Texturepack-Ultra-for-Quake-DarkPlaces
                  --------------------------------------

-------------
                  Installation:
                  -------------

-install Quake first :-)
                  -install Darkplaces
                  -install Darkplacesmod
                  -there you go to the dpmod/maps folder and delete the files b_exbox2.bsp and b_explob.bsp
                  -there you go to the dpmod/progs folder and delete the files v_dplight.mdl,v_dpnail.mdl,
                  v_dpnail2.mdl,v_dprock.mdl,v_dprock2.mdl,v_dpshot. mdl und v_dpshot2.mdl
                  -then you install the Texturepack, files allow to overwrite

If a new version of the Darkplacesmod comes out,
                  -execute it only somewhere else there and names it around, for example, dpmod1
                  -then as on top described the files extinguish
                  -now you go to the dpmod/maps folder of Quake and copy b_batt0.bsp,b_batt1.bsp,b_bh10.bsp,
                  b_bh25.bsp,b_bh100.bsp,b_nail0.bsp,b_nail1.bsp,b_r ock0.bsp,b_rock1.bsp,b_shell0.bsp and b_shell1.bsp
                  in dpmod1/maps folder,overwrite the files.
                  -then you go to the dpmod/progs folder of Quake and copy a_rock4.mdl,a_rock8.mdl,a_shell1.mdl and a_shell2.mdl
                  in dpmod1/progs folder,overwrite the files.
                  -now you can rename dpmod1 in dpmod, then overwrite the dpmod in the Quake direcory,its ready.

Now you install the Texturepack
                  -simply give the folder of Quake

The Texturemod requires 3.34 GB free space on your computer.
                  The ultra texture its a pk3 file... overwrite??

Comment

Originally posted by Headz View Post
                    I have a problem, when i play the DPMod the heath box (item) is not green like i play the normal darkplaces...
                    pk3 files in the dpmod folder take precedence over the id1 folder, and pk3 files within the same folder, the lower alphabetically ordered pk3 files take precedence over the higher alphabetically ordered files.

Hence...

Originally posted by Baker
                    I can't say what will happen if you mix and match these with other .pk3 files.

Comment

how to make the utra pke work correctly with the dpmod?

Comment

It sounds like you need more assistance than really a forum system can do.

I'd recommend asking for help on the DarkPlaces IRC channel at irc://irc.anynet.org/darkplaces. If you need an IRC client, get Mirc (download).

Comment

sorry im not english and i try my best, so if you dont want to help me i ask to another persone

Comment

Originally posted by Headz View Post
                            sorry im not english and i try my best, so if you dont want to help me i ask to another persone
                            I want you to be able to do what you want, it's just not realistically possible to do within the framework of a forum. Mixing .pk3 files together with separate external textures is nearly impossible unless someone is helping you in real-time.

This is why I recommend IRC.

Originally posted by Spirit View Post
                            No, seriously, choose one and stick to it or you will create a true mess.
                            ^^^ Spirit on mixing .pk3 files, he told you this in advance. Using multiple .pk3 files together is a nearly hopeless task.

Comment

Working...
                            X