No announcement yet.

Frogbots 0.99 With Clan Arena Support!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frogbots 0.99 With Clan Arena Support!

Download: Frogbots 0.99 Beta - 2.1 MB

I took the old NQ Frogbots mod and added the countless waypoints that Trinca made for the Quakeworld version and added them in and then did some finessing.

This has support for playing deathmatch on over 100 maps including maps like aerowalk, q1edge, q3dm6qw, sanity, etc. I'd say it has 70% coverage of the QuakeOne maps pack.

By default it loads up in deathmatch mode, you use "addbot" to add bots in.

You can switch to arena mode by typing "arena" in the console and then "reset".

Warning:

The bots are bots. You might want to type "skill 0" in before typing "addbot" to add bots in. They default to skill 10, which is your typical dead-on-site bot lightning gun.

Disclaimer:

I did not do that much work compared to the vast amount of work Paraboil (a Russian Quakeworld player) invested over the years in the Frogbots and however long it took for Trinca to make that huge set of waypoints he did. I updated the older NetQuake version of the mod and did some aesthetic stuff but this is 99.999% not my work. I just invested the time studying the Quakeworld version to expand the waypoint support and cleaned up some things and made the clan arena mode look like what we are all used to seeing when you connect to a CAx server.
    Last edited by Baker; 10-15-2008, 06:42 AM.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Awesome I'll have to give this a shot!

Thanks Baker!
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

does it have eyecam? cause that would rock!

good job anyways baker! (as always )

Comment

Originally posted by =peg= View Post
        does it have eyecam? cause that would rock!
        Yeah, it needs pq_smoothcam though.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Good job Baker!
          Fórum QuakeBrasil

Lots of Quake related stuff

Comment

Interesting. Thanks.
            Scout's Journey
            Rune of Earth Magic

Comment

Something I forgot to mention, the source is included in the .zip.

Comment

I tried playing with his but, when i type addbot it tells me i dont have admin privileges.

=\
                SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
                [email protected]
                AIM - EMHof1

Comment

I loaded it up with Mac ProQuake using command line options -game frogbots -listen 4 +map dm6 and then when it loaded up typed "addbot" a couple of times and it worked fine.

Make sure there isn't anything strange in your config, particularly with the deathmatch/samelevel/scratch1 settings.

If you keep having the problems, let me know [with a copy of the config.cfg in the frogbots folder + your command line and what you are typing in the console when it starts.]

Comment

test

Comment

test2

Comment

Working...
                      X