Need help getting started, again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help getting started, again.

Hey, im looking for some helpful info to get started with q1.
    I've played quite alot before but forgot alot of details.
    For starters, to edit the mouse settings i need some commands to put in the cfg. Like how do i enable mouselook and turn off invert? I've gotten used to playing non-invert since i quit q1 last time.
    And there was also some commands for the graphics and whatnot. Whatever you can contribute to help me getting started would be nice. :d

If you download ProQuake or Qrack, those settings are in the menu (mouse look, invert mouse, etc.).

Like how do i enable mouselook and turn off invert? I've gotten used to playing non-invert since i quit q1 last time.
    +mlook and m_yaw -0.22
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Originally posted by Baker View Post
      If you download ProQuake or Qrack, those settings are in the menu (mouse look, invert mouse, etc.).

+mlook and m_yaw -0.22
      Okay sounds great. How do i install for example ProQuake ? Wasnt really much info at the page.

Comment

Unzip the files in your Quake folder and then double-click the executable you want to use, such as glpro399.exe to start it.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Try Qrack with the texture pack, it's my favorite. Then make a shortcut to your GLQrack.exe and put some switches in the properties:
          Code:
          -window -conwidth 800 -conheight 600 -width 800 -height 600 -zone 1024 -bpp 32 -mem 256 -refreshrate 60 -game omicron -listen 16 +map q1_q3dm13 -deathmatch 1
          Some useful config stuff..
          Code:
          bind "`" "toggleconsole"
          bind "b" "addbot"
          bind "UPARROW" "+forward"
          bind "DOWNARROW" "+back"
          bind "LEFTARROW" "+moveleft"
          bind "RIGHTARROW" "+moveright"
          bind "KP_INS" "+jump"
          bind "MOUSE1" "+attack"
          bind "MOUSE2" "+jump"
          bind "MOUSE3" "impulse 7"