Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deathmatch + Runes

Beta testing a dm friendly mod at quake.intertex.net:26002
    this MOD will evolve into a shareware compatible mod for fellow PSP support.

Swing by and get a game on and test it out...

Feature requests post here!
    www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

I tried it out. When this code is done and when it is up and running on a server with custom maps, it's going to be hot as hell.

Simple, 4 runes, no hook, a few interesting twists but nothing radical.

It's old skool with some extra flavor.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Suggestion No.1 : UNGAY THE HASTE RUNE!! lol....honestly man.

Haste = 2x firing rate of normal.
      Strength = 2x damage.
      Resistance = .5 half damage of normal attacks
      Regeneration = I think this rune should have super-fast regneration while at less than 50health and less than 50armour/green , once it hits yellow armour slows down some,and once it hits red armour it should slow down even further.
      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

don't forget the no global deaths

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
          Suggestion No.1 : UNGAY THE HASTE RUNE!! lol....honestly man.

Haste = 2x firing rate of normal.
          Strength = 2x damage.
          Resistance = .5 half damage of normal attacks
          Regeneration = I think this rune should have super-fast regneration while at less than 50health and less than 50armour/green , once it hits yellow armour slows down some,and once it hits red armour it should slow down even further.
          The haste rune is supposed to suck, right? Also known as the "sh*ttiest rune" you can get :d

Sputs regen also regenerates AMMO! So the regen rune is useful, especially since rockets tends to be scarce in pure DM.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I don't think the runes are a good idea. I just like straight up plain DM. Is there a way you can vote to turn the runes off?

Comment

Well, there are plenty of pure DM servers out there (often empty).

But aside from that, there is no need to worry, I expect there to be more servers running custom maps in the not so distant future and pure DM will likely be one of them.

Comment

Haste should make the shotgun shoot as fast as the IHOC + HASTE shotgun

Comment

All the runes here are 1.5x rather than 2x. Haste always sucks, get used to it. I believe this version does make you run faster though...? Also, I believe you will be able to vote runes off.

If you want more powerful runes play runequake.
                  uakene.com

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow No. 5
                    All the runes here are 1.5x rather than 2x. Haste always sucks, get used to it. I believe this version does make you run faster though...? Also, I believe you will be able to vote runes off.

If you want more powerful runes play runequake.
                    agreed. runes should only alter your power a tad. It shouldn't run the field

Comment

Strength rune should be coded where if I pick it up the map just changes because you'll all be owned anyways so might as well make it easy and start anew.

Comment

That reminds me ... I hope Sput decides to kill the power-ups, except for maybe the Quad.

Pents and rings have no business in a deathmatch, imho. You don't see power-ups in CA+.

The argument that I can make for Quad is that if the respawn isn't ridiculously short then it is cool to actually get your hands on it and see if you can turn the tables.

Comment

I hate pent because it is like having god mode for 30 secs, and if the 1337$ get it, you are done. Ring is alright though.
                          e|------------------------0---------------
                          B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                          G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                          D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                          A|---------------0------------------------
                          E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Yeah, if a person who knows how to bunny hop and rj well gets the pent, you are fucked. If a noob gets it however, easy escaping!

Comment

Do you only have 1 rune model, or all 4? Since this is the free version.
                              "It may disturb you. It scares the willies out of me. " -Slartibartfast

Comment

Working...
                              X