Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinput? Do you use it?

This relates the sensitivity thread.

About 1 year ago, I noticed that my aim wasn't right vertically and other games like Quake 3 felt all wrong.

It wasn't the other games that were wrong, it my Quake. Dinput leads to more accurate aim.

The switch was MISERABLE and it felt so awkard. Other players felt bad for how much my game was off.

But, 2 or 3 weeks later and several hours of playing Quake, I adjusted to -dinput and my aim was MUCH improved. Previously, I had a difficult time shooting players in the air even if they were stationary and dinput fixed this ... for me at least.
    Yes
    44.44%
    No
    22.22%
    What is Dinput?
    33.33%
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

could you please explain or link to something that explains what it does?

Comment

it basically uses DirectX for the keyboard and mouse input, which has more responsive gain on some computers.

Comment

I tried DINPUT before. IT didnt't make my aim better at all. It made the mouse move all slow and stuff.

Comment

This is a console command?
          www.Net-Tyme.com
          Lifes a game.. It's time to Play!
          Quake.net-tyme.com Pick your Poison.

Comment

No, it's a parameter

Comment

i tried this for,ohhhhhh about 2minutes.

hated it.

just as much as I hated going from kb player to mouse player.

(default quake controls w/o mouse -> custom controls w/ mouse)
              *note , when I noticed I had to double up on my sensitivity setting ,I decided I had enough of that.
              Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
                i tried this for,ohhhhhh about 2minutes.

hated it.
                Told you, hehe. It took me a few weeks and was a HARD switch. But, hey, I'll take the better aim, heh

It was a VERY painful switch. I thought about bailing on the switch several times.
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I guess. The monster will try one more time. If it really helps my aim. Will it help shaft aim any?? What really does it do to your mouse movement?

Comment

I tried -dinput out on proquake (GL). I didn't notice any difference.

glpro +map none -bpp 32 -DINPUT -iplog -width 1024 -height 768 -conwidth 512 -conheight 384 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

Comment

Working...
                    X