Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evil RQ Tricks

1. Pent + Sniper.

You are able to infinitely fire insta-kill shots.

2. Berserker + Radiation

Other players drop like flies.

3. Secret of Rune of Cloaking.

Press rune-use and it will help locate other players.

4. Secret of Health/Armor Regeneration

Press rune-use to get 200 armor / 100 health. Nice "panic" button. You lose the rune, of course.

5. Fire Traps

Are best place under health boxes. Invisible.

6. Zombies jam teleporters.

Place a zombie on the other side of a teleporter and players are unable to teleport back.

7. Plant bombs on a Shambler ...

and send Mr. Shambler back to the owner with a special delivery.

8. Zen Monk ...

Takes no splash damage, means rockets and grenades can only do damage with a direct hit.

9. Armor Piercing ...

... is just about the best to use for single-shot rocket kills.

10. Environmental Protection/Enviro Suit is immune ...

... to Kamikazee, Fire traps, ice, repulsion, jumping and you cannot get grappled either.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Runes. there like crack!

I dont do crack!

stay rune free kids!

If someone invites you to 'connect quake.shmack.net' just say no.

After all, we don't want your brain rotting out from using to many runes do we?
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

I know that part of Trinicom's demise was it going down for a month last year, but another part of Trinicom's demise was ]Stoop[ setting foot on a RQ server.

He stopped playing CTF entirely and would play 50 hours a week at Shmack. I wonder where he went?
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I am confused by this "more than 1 rune" thing you speak of... I have never been able to pickup more than one at a time on shmack unless I had packrat.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I thought Zop was going to be doing a comprehensive runes guide?

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
            I am confused by this "more than 1 rune" thing you speak of... I have never been able to pickup more than one at a time on shmack unless I had packrat.
            You can't have more than one rune.

But if you find the Pentagram of Protection, that is part of the first combo.

And if you find radiation, the best choice is to use it 3 times and dump it and start seeing if you can luck into finding the Berserker rune before the radiation expires.

If you can find (luck into finding) Berserker, you can often end up with 8 to 12 frags if you are lucky in the course of a mere 30 seconds.

Comment

Ah okay, I get what you were saying now, I read the + as meaning "combined", not sequentially.
              Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

My favorite rune trick:

Putting a death spot infront of a teleporter, around a corner, or ontop of a rocket launcher or red armor. I can get REALLY crafty with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Baker
                  1. Pent + Sniper.
                  It's true, I am a force to be reckoned with when I grab a Pent. w00t I'm teh number won

Comment

Berserker+Shaft (or sng) I own with. Noone can escape my shaft. I usually rack up 10-20 kills when I have berserker and a shaft. You have to watch your back alot though, you don't want to get careless, because remember you TAKE 3x damage!

Comment

enviro rune and biosuits also protect from deathspots and radiation.

thats what i think i like most about runequake. biosuits are actually very useful

Comment

Switch Places Rune :
                        Hook a wall , right above a pit of Lava ,example Start map,outside,Hard difficulty.

When unsuspecting player either spawns or teleports to the outside area , switch places with them.Your hook will retract back to where you originally was,and the player you swapped places with gets dropped into the lava like a huge turd dropped in the toilet

Someone used to do this shit ALL THE TIME,and just recently I had some fun with it on the level where you push the buttons to open the floor. Yellow No. 5 knows what map it is,coz he always votes that gay map!
                        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX
                          Switch Places Rune :
                          Hook a wall , right above a pit of Lava ,example Start map,outside,Hard difficulty.
                          Heheh, I got banned from DarkZone back in the day for doing that not stop.

After about ker-plunking 40 players into the lava, the admins promptedly kicked me off the server.

Comment

sore losers.
                            ...i gotta try that

Comment

Omfg Ur Owning, Ban Him Ban Him!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X