X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When did you get Quake?

Continued from another thread ...

Originally posted by Undy
    ....maybe 7 yrs? how long has Quake been out? you got my thinking cap on now...
    Originally posted by scar3crow
    Quake was released as the full version on July 22nd 1996, the shareware was June 22nd and Qtest was February 27th, I think...
    Ive been playing since Christmas morning 1996 myself.

Nice sig.
    I first downloaded the Quake demo in October 1996 and got it for Christmas in 1996. I was keyboarding it because I had Doom and Doom II, was kind of intimidated by it and didn't finish it because I thought it was scary.

In 1999, I finally learned the mouse and then gave Quake another try and started playing on the internet from that point forward.
    Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

My Dad borrowed Quake from some guy he new at work, and installed it on my computer in 1996, when I was 6 or something around there.

Comment

I've had quake since it's release, ever since Doom, I've had a tendency to buy id games on their opening day, with the exception of Doom 3 on.
      "It's called being awesome, maybe you should try it." -Bank

Comment

Dammit now I cant actually respond to this thread.
        Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

I got the pak files from my bro's friend who had the cd. Take that Cheapo!

Comment

Canadian*Sniper - I own 3 copies legally and 2 copies of the missionpacks. So nyagh.

Comment

neener neener neeeeeeeneeeerrrrrr

Comment

September 1996

Comment

December 25th, '96. I played with a joystick

Comment

While the Quake Demo was out , there was pre-release full versions trickled out here and there,and luckily the department manager at wal-mart had a copy,and he loaded it onto the "Display PC's" in the Electronic's deptartment.

When Brian wasnt hogging the mother fucker,I spent nearly all of my free time in Electronic's at walmart playing episode1 trying to beat it.

Does anyone recall ever seeing a version of Quake1 that ,instead of having Map START to pick your episode and difficulty level , there was a version prior to that one we know and love today,that had you choose your difficulty and which episode you played using a Menu style operation?I remember it vividly because when I got my own copy of Quake,it was missing this menu style operation and I thought I got ripped off somehow.

I actually was able to own the full version in late 1996 , for an early christmas present.
                    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Originally posted by scar3crow
                      Canadian*Sniper - I own 3 copies legally and 2 copies of the missionpacks. So nyagh.
                      I know where all of that can be readily downloaded on the WWW ;O Clan??? serves them up daily,like clockwork
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

get out warez monkey

Comment

Mind - Oh you can download it, sure, but the case is cool as is holding the manual. And one of them is signed by Romero =)

Comment

wow... that's cool... have fun with that...

Comment

If you cant appreciate that then I dont see why you particularly like Quake. If you like something you should appreciate who it was made by and thus appreciate a commemoration of it from them.

And I do have fun with it, more fun than downloading it from someones ftp.

Comment

Working...
                              X