?Howto Serverside mod?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?Howto Serverside mod?

how would I go about making a serverside mod? where pleyers didn't have to download anything to play? ala IHOC/Shmack
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Specify the mod directory when you run the server I assume, and make sure the mod youre using doesnt call for any new progs or sounds.
    Inside3d - Because you can't be Outside 3D!

Comment

It involves QuakeC, basically you'd find a base mod and work with the code. They have plenty of tutorials at Inside3D.com and QuakeSrc.org, etc.

If you go to the http://www.quakeone.com/navigator and click on the developer tab and resources tab, it had direct links to everything.

Needless to say, QuakeC isn't for everyone and takes some time to master.

I am very familiar with QuakeC, but can't truly do anything with it.
      Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

That's a question you should ask Gunter. But that's not going to happen because he dislikes registering to forums and disables cookies

Comment

just code it like every other quake mod, and don't use any new models and sounds quake doesn't originally have and it's server side.

Comment

Originally posted by CheapAlert
            just code it like every other quake mod, and don't use any new models and sounds quake doesn't originally have and it's server side.
            Sounds are fine. Those won't crash the client, just show a "can not find the ~/quake/bla/bla.wav sound". Models and Client-Side triggers are probably the only mod features that could crash the client.

ps, thanks for posting a pic in the furries topic you tard

Comment

Working...
            X