I am comming back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am comming back

Well, I am into lots of games, including owning my own game servers, mmorpg, however nothing ever beat or beats Quake. My brother and I beta tested the new game back in 1995. and Tested the multiplayer a few months later. Since then nothing really was the same. SOoooo, I would love some assistance in setting up the game on a windows 7 64b system. I have the 1.06 game. I just need to know what files and what i need to do to set it all up and start GIBS. I would love to set up here and join this community. I also am co-founder of the clan R.O.D, "Realm of Death" which mainly does RF online and Aion, plus the Battlefield games. So my fellow Quake friends would love to play with this community as well. Can anyone just toss me a step by step and a where to find files kinda thing?

Deathman

Hello, and welcome to the forums! Fellow new guy, here.

As for the files you need, all you need for the full original game (all 4 episodes), is the pak0.pak and pak1.pak files in the id1 directory.

Is your copy registered? Otherwise, only pak0.pak (shareware) will be present.

What I did was buy a copy, but it wasn't registered, so I had my buddy copy his pak1 file for me. As long as you bought the game for it's full price, it's all good.

After that, I recommend downloading an engine such as GL-Quake or DarkPlaces for your quaking.

Happy fragging!
    Who would win: a death knight, or a gremlin with a double-barrel?

Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198039860229

Comment

Welcome to the forums.

DarkPlaces engine:
      LordHavoc's DarkPlaces Quake Modification

DarkPlaces is a Quake engine with many improvements -
      graphical improvements and also multiplayer game improvements.
      You are able to find servers through the ingame browser etc.
      instead of searching a IP adress

There are lots of other engines to discover, some may look the same as GLQuake - some not.
      Also there are software rendering engines such as Engoo.
      Modding like it's 1999! HELL YEAH!
      Operating Engine: Engoo
      QuakeC Compiler: vqcc.exe

Comment

You beta tested Quake in 1995? So you were basically invited to id Software to test it or was it stolen?

Comment

Yes was an invite, and was a buggy one but glad they worked it out. i still have the original cd in the original case. cooool. so anyway, i will try to download the engine. see what happens. thanks guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Grim Warlock View Post
            You beta tested Quake in 1995? So you were basically invited to id Software to test it or was it stolen?
            I detect some one doesn't believe HEH!
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

No, I just think he's mistaken for the QTest from 1996.

Comment

Originally posted by Deathman View Post
                Yes was an invite, and was a buggy one but glad they worked it out. i still have the original cd in the original case. cooool. so anyway...
                Sounds like a generic response. Though, I read somewhere doom players in the Dallas area were invited up to do an in-house play test.
                www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Upload that disc or it didnt happen

Comment

Originally posted by R00k View Post
                    Sounds like a generic response. Though, I read somewhere doom players in the Dallas area were invited up to do an in-house play test.
                    This is correct. I was quite young, but I think I remember my brother getting such an invite. My brother was pretty big in the DWANGO scene.

Comment

Check your inbox Deathman

And welcome back, as well as to QuakeOne.com fellow fragger We'll do all we can to get ya going. Darkplaces might be hard to setup for you, I'd suggest QRack coded by R00k as a newer user QRACK
                      uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                      X