5 years!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 years!

For those of you like me that seldom look at the forums past Chat-o-rama, Baker put up a thread a few days ago about Quakeone.com's 5th year!

http://quakeone.com/forums/website-r...ive-years.html

There. I contributed something.

You've contributed already, you have one of the biggest topics ever on Q1 (the E1M1 topic). Now if only we could fix your choice of NHL team jk

Comment

Go Predators!!

Comment

Go Mississippi Surge !!!
        Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Solecord and Yellow No. 5 were the backbone of getting this site started. In fact, lost in history is I was AWOL for about 5 months until getting an emergency email from Yellow No. 5 saying essentially "we need to get this site up and going now. Singed.Net just shut down." And the site still needed some work, but I did my pimping thing and did it very, very hard and then did it very, very harder and then did it to the extreme

And people like Mindzfield, Bam and Zop were instrumental moral support factors BEFORE the site was started (it took nearly a whole year before the site launched. Solecord scrapped prototypes a couple of times. A couple because they could not handle very many visitors at the same time. And there was occasionally a bit of mild "arguing" -- like a couple of times Yellow and I didn't agree.)

And of course it is very important to note that R00k and Qrack were critically important.

But after the site started, it was the community that carried the ball. No one person really makes that much of a difference in the scheme of things. It is people in the community again and again and again, stepping up to the plate. Way too many people to mention, I could start typing 50 names and the list would be WAY incomplete. That's what a great community we have here.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Hooah!
            QuakeOne.com
            Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
            Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
            Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

Bam vs Zop: Three-letter handle qc coding contest!

Comment

zopmod ftw

Comment

Working...
                X