Quake Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake Error

My quake just recently started to crash constantly. I get a "Quake Error" in a window that says "SZ_Getspace: Overflow without allowoverflow set". Wtf does that mean and how can I fix it?

Tried adding "-zone 1024" to your commandline?

I dunno
    QuakeOne.com
    Quake One Resurrection

QuakeOne.com/qrack
    Great Quake engine

Qrack 1.60.1 Ubuntu Guide
    Get Qrack 1.60.1 running in Ubuntu!

Comment

What client?
      e|------------------------0---------------
      B|---------------0^1----------------1----
      G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
      D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
      A|---------------0------------------------
      E|----------------------------------------

Comment

It is a common issue, but like stated above what client are you using?

Does this only happen on, say, a CTF server? Usually it is a foobared map with too many entities. I know you don't state that, but I have a bit of difficulty imaging this happening on a normal map unless you are using a really strange command line or Qrack with odd settings.
        Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

I'm using Joequake, it also happens with proquake and qrack. What happens is, I lag in game, I can't text, can't color up and then quake crashes. I get that window when quake crashes and it happens in every mod.

Comment

Sounds like something in the background fokin with your resources. Did adding -zone 1024 to the cmd line help? and or changing amount of ram allocated to the client -mem 256 is what I use. I dont know if using more would matter,I'll try something mega retarded like 1gb allocated and report back
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

this is my command line:

C:\quake\joequake-gl.exe -mem 256 -zone 1024

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                Sounds like something in the background fokin with your resources. Did adding -zone 1024 to the cmd line help? and or changing amount of ram allocated to the client -mem 256 is what I use. I dont know if using more would matter,I'll try something mega retarded like 1gb allocated and report back
                ^^^ What he said.

I do have a funny question ... first ... which version of JoeQuake are you using? Like MH's D3D8.1 JoeQuake or what?

I personally am wondering why you are using JoeQuake --- maybe there is a great reason. But I can rattle of 25 things for an online player that makes Qrack a better experience. R00k really knows his online multiplayer, JoeQuake doesn't support locs and if I recall iplog doesn't work, it doesn't download maps, when the map changes on the server you reconnect about 10 seconds slower than everyone else, it is missing particles that affects things like RQuake (yeah, I bet you don't care but just listing things). I mean don't get me wrong, JoeQuake is a quality client but R00k raised the bar quite a bit. JoeQuake can't video mode switch or turn off Vsync on the fly either. And if you don't have the map with JoeQuake, you can't connect to a server. Did I mention R00k really knows his multiplayer shiznit?
                Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Ok ... you beat me to the reply. Well, tomorrow I'll deep investigate the engine source as to the cause .. but I am still interested in why JoeQuake over Qrack.

Comment

"SZ_GetSpace: x is > full buffer size"
                    "SZ_GetSpace: overflow without allowoverflow set"
                    These error messages indicate various memory buffers overflowing, typically in the protocol. The
                    major cause is too many things happening at startup, while playing or when loading saved games,
                    typically occurring when playing on Hard/Nightmare skill due to more entities.
                    Try rebooting computer. You shouldn't be getting this error, really. Are you connecting to a DarkPlaces server like (newdm.quakeone.com) or something or playing CTF?

Comment

sometimes this happens when reading really large config files.
                      www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

Working...
                      X