Rook/and or other CTF devs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rook/and or other CTF devs

Are you able to modify the autochase cam?

I think there are some things that can be improved when viewing demos:

1. Checking scores when pressing tab (unable to currently do this when watching demos unless it is in the new engines and I am oblivious.. however I use GLpro)

2. In the few demos I've seen as of late surrounding the CTF scene.. from time to time the cam follows players who sit at one area for a long period of time (specifically when carrying flag and hiding out).. this takes away from the action of the game.. it should be flipping a bit faster between players or following players that are consistently around the action.. it doesn't do a bad job of this now as you regularly see the best players in the match being tracked the most.. however I've noticed many times it ignores quad users (and these people tend to chase/get kills)

little things like this can help Quake as a spectator event.. the cam doesn't follow people without weapons often and flips off them quickly so this is good.. the only blemish is that it follows the flag carriers consistently when they are out of action.. by following the action you can also see who's coming after the flag carrier so it is never a bad thing

Clicks the "Like" button.
    uakene.com

Comment

Frenzy, that actually gave me a chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by Rampage View Post
        Are you able to modify the autochase cam?

I think there are some things that can be improved when viewing demos:

1. Checking scores when pressing tab (unable to currently do this when watching demos unless it is in the new engines and I am oblivious.. however I use GLpro)
        The 'scores' impulse only works on the server. The client sends the command the server responds. Though, for demo purposes, the server could spit out the score if not only when a team captures, but also possibly once every 5 minutes along the way. When I was recording last weeks demos I intermittently would type that command in console, though pressing tab does work during the demos. I'm not 100% sure but i think older glQuake would go back to the main menu if you pressed any keys during demo watching. Qrack doesnt do this, and I think the new ProQuake lets you press tab also.

2. In the few demos I've seen as of late surrounding the CTF scene.. from time to time the cam follows players who sit at one area for a long period of time (specifically when carrying flag and hiding out).. this takes away from the action of the game.. it should be flipping a bit faster between players or following players that are consistently around the action.. it doesn't do a bad job of this now as you regularly see the best players in the match being tracked the most.. however I've noticed many times it ignores quad users (and these people tend to chase/get kills)

little things like this can help Quake as a spectator event.. the cam doesn't follow people without weapons often and flips off them quickly so this is good.. the only blemish is that it follows the flag carriers consistently when they are out of action.. by following the action you can also see who's coming after the flag carrier so it is never a bad thing
        When using autochase, each player has an "importance" value. Based on a.> their score, b.> amount of weapons, c.> what powerup they have, and d.> if they have the flag. Flag carriers have just a little higher ranking than Quad owners but, ALL camera targets have an allotted time slice that the camera tracks them before switching to another player. I can lower the value of the flag carrier to equal quad owners so that the FC is tracked less, though, the flag carrier is like watching the guy with the ball during a football game. The action will migrate to them. One thing that does enhance the demos though is the use of stationary camera points. These are defined in an external file on the server. I know Ava made a few for HDZ's server but I should create some for download to use on all servers. Any admin can make them in realtime using the 'flyme' command and the 'makecam' command. Using QUAKETV command turns on autochase and autocamera, this way as your chasing someone if a nearby camera is detected, the POV switches to that camera and it tracks your cam target. What you end up with is a point of view much like watching a race car speed by, with the camera rotating with the player.
        www.quakeone.com/qrack | www.quakeone.com/cax| http://en.twitch.tv/sputnikutah

Comment

The person carrying the flag attracting action is only true in certain scenarios. I figured that the cam chases based on powerups/weapons - ammo logically..

The problem doesn't arise when a flag carrier is in the midst of a fight or running away in a tight situation.. rather when the guy hides away in the base defensively and walks around stocking up items/firing randomly at one spot for 5 minutes.. in the meanwhile you see the screen flooded with text of "person b kills person c with.." and part of you is thinking hey get back to the action.. but yet you're still on the flag bearer lollygagging about..

Comment

The person carrying the flag attracting action is only true in certain scenarios. I figured that the cam chases based on powerups/weapons - ammo logically..

The problem doesn't arise when a flag carrier is in the midst of a fight or running away in a tight situation.. rather when the guy hides away in the base defensively and walks around stocking up items/firing randomly at one spot for 5 minutes.. in the meanwhile you see the screen flooded with text of "person b kills person c with.." and part of you is thinking hey get back to the action.. but yet you're still on the flag bearer lollygagging about..
            I feel ya. I remember watching a demo the other day thinking "Fuck I'm sure hearing the guy with quad cleaup out there", but I was cam'ing a flag carrier who was just waiting in his base... boring I'll work on some of those cam points
            uakene.com

Comment

Working...
            X