Quake 5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quake 5

Ok...So, as i understand it many people hate Q2.
    Because it is not real to Q1, the reason id software made The Q2 into Q2 is that they have bad to release new games/trademarks...
    Anywas, here goes my Q1 - Q5 Fan fic:
    Q1:it all started, in q1 you killed the shub niggurath etc. When you beat Q1. The army decided to freeze-down/clone the genes of the main character in Q1
    Q2:300 years later they revive the character to Q1 to fight the stroggs...
    Q3:Not much to say about this one...
    Q4:The Q1 character gets revived 1 more time.
    Q5:We go back to see more about Q1
    Anyways,this is just something i made when i was bored
    Feedback appriciated
    -Ligisd

Quake1 ,where all of us got comfy, made sense.

Every Quake there after didn't make sense, other than Q3 being a competition between all of the prior quake's Ranger=Q1,Sarge=Q2,and doom marine=Doom Series.

Q1>All Quakes
    Q3>All Quakes except Q1
    Other quakes imho arent worth the mention. They was a mere blip in my gaming experience on the PC.
    Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I didn't hate Quake II. Actually found it very enjoyable and still do, perhaps even moreso than the original. But then I'm weird like that, I find Quake 4 to be good in places too.
      IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Quake2 was like Quakeworld ver.2 , too cartoonish and extreme. Alot of the Q3 mods like Enemy territory and RTCW for example, were nice as they are in baseline settings for mp , but you dont see any of those plain servers anymore. Seems they evolve into the cartoonish versions at some point, and stay that way. I recently dropped playing Enemy Territory because most all the servers that are up, ditched the traditional stuff that players who first played the game got use to. They are also using alot of scripts and custom configs that take advantage of these new things, its easy to spot, because as soon as you damage the medic player, he automatically starts throwing health out for himself and when you start to reload, his class is also the only one who can use adrenaline, and with the increased speed, you are a sitting duck. they also dont let you suicide, and if you get mad and curse, they mute you or boot you. They also went nutz with the banned words, and some words that are not curses are banned. Is it any wonder all the players are gone, those servers are empty except for the bots that just run all day?

Comment

I've stated how I felt Q5 should be - a game which ties all of them together (except 3, but they can reference it).
          Instead of me retying it:
          http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...html#post82270

Comment

wouldn't ET:QW count as Q5 ?
            Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Good point about Quake II being cartoonish. Visually at least a lot of that is because of Paul Steed's models, which are kinda funky 'n' chunky, and which is a style that also carried over into Q3A. Love it or hate it, it gives the games from his time at id a very distinctive look which has since been lost.
              IT LIVES! http://directq.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Mindf!3ldzX View Post
                wouldn't ET:QW count as Q5 ?
                QW:ET was more of a spinoff. Much like Duke Nukem:
                Manhattan Project, A Time to Kill, Zero Hour, Land of the Babes were not defined as 4,5,6,7 ect

QW:ET is actually more Quake 1.5 as the events of it all happen before Q2 - the attack on earth which led to the counter attack in which is Q2.

Comment

Originally posted by Cobalt View Post
                  they also dont let you suicide, and if you get mad and curse, they mute you or boot you. They also went nutz with the banned words, and some words that are not curses are banned. Is it any wonder all the players are gone, those servers are empty except for the bots that just run all day?
                  Yeah, what the hell is that?

-foq was kicked by the server for saying a bad word!
                  -foq reconnects
                  -admin tells foq to watch his mouth because there are children playing
                  -foq wonders why there are children playing considering the ratings on the games are designed to steer parents away from letting their children play games such as this, and why people can't accept that children will be exposed to these things because their parents let them play the games that wern't designed for them, let alone why parents accept the fact that their children will be playing games involving guns and death, however, don't you dare say a swear word...
                  e|------------------------0---------------
                  B|---------------0^1----------------1----
                  G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
                  D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
                  A|---------------0------------------------
                  E|----------------------------------------

Comment

Yep gotta love it when people have the Fox News mentality.

Comment

Since I came to the party late, Q2 was my first experience in the Quake world followed by Q1 and then Q3 and Q4. I like all of the Quake games with the exception of ET, which I have not played and feel no need to personally.

Comment

Something about Q2's feel annoyed me. Maybe it was the constant tilting of the screen whenever you walked, or especially when you crouched. Then again, every subsequent ID game, including rage, has that movement.

Also Q2 felt more like a spiritual successor Doom 3 to me with a different enemy/story. That could be also fueled by the fact that the gun progression was similar, and the BFG was in it.

Comment

Working...
                        X