Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone still play TeamFortress?

Hello im new to this site.
    After spending the last few hours trying to get a copy of TF with maps in it or finding a site where I can download maps with no success, I thought id sign up here & see if anyone still plays TF?

And if yes, where do I get the maps?

Every site I go to leads to broken links and missing files.

Also if there are others out there who want to play it I would be willing to run a permanent dedicated server if you can help me.

I miss this game a lot.

So far all I have done is installed quake from the cd.

Installed TF v2.8.

Can anyone help me with the next step?

believe this is the only TF server left: quake.thisserversucks.com:26002

I don't even remember how to play TF heh.

But gl.

Comment

i sorta remember how to play it, from what i remember its very fun.. each player has his own ability and weapons and you have to defend the fortress and invade the other fortress,, or it was something like that...

Comment

It has evolved into CTF
        WARNING
        May be too intense for some viewers.
        Stress Relief Device
        ....BANG HEAD HERE....
        ---------------------------
        .--------------------------

Comment

i remember tf from qw...the month that i spent on qw. no idea they made it for nq. but too much crazy weapons, thats why i like ctf.
          Rambo[RuM]
          I support:
          Quakeone.com ..... of Course!
          Qrack - Thank You r00k
          Yayo Industries - Thank you frenzy
          Zero CTF - Thanks mono

Comment

Originally posted by bluntz View Post
            It has evolved into CTF
            Evolved into Team Fortress Classic for HL1 and then into Team Fortress 2.

Comment

I play TF1,2 and I'd play NQ TF.

Comment

People still play TF in quake.
                There's still at least two active communities.
                The catch is that they all switched to the QuakeWorld variant.

Grab a QuakeWorld client, use its built in server browser, find a 'fortress' server, join, play.
                Some Game Thing

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh,stop the insanity !!
                  Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

I got it!

Hey guys.

I finally got a working copy of TF that comes with ezquake_gl. Quake looks awsome!

So after I got it I again googled to see if I can find ppl who play it and the 1st result was my own post

If anyone is in Australia and miss the old TF awesomeness, I will be creating a dedicated server as soon as I figure out how to do it

Before I do tho...

Is ezquake what most ppl use for quake nowdays? or should I be using something else to run the server?

PS - I started a new thread for this question. Please reply here:
                    http://quakeone.com/forums/quake-tal...html#post97140
                    Last edited by BradOz; 07-28-2011, 01:55 AM. Reason: I opened a new thread for this question.

Comment

NetQuake = ProQuake

This is NetQuake territory,although some QuakeWorld stuff is known to shuffle through here from time to time.

Mindz really wishes to play Bunny XL & also the TrickJumping maps <3. Thats what a real QW experience involves....

I just dont know anyone who could be bothered with such trivial things like, WHERE&HOW you get into those arena's again.....
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

hey brad,
                        you'll have more luck finding people playing TF on quakeworld
                        i know that most sunday nights there's some TF game's on QW at tastyspleen.net:26666
                        and there's a few other QW servers that have people playing TF as well
                        try
                        http://www.quakeservers.net/quakewor...ers/t=tf/so=8/
                        for TF servers
                        Last edited by rcade; 07-28-2011, 01:33 PM.

Comment

If you're going to use Quakeworld and live in the US, you're most likely not going to find any standard TF games. The US scene mainly has MTF and CustomTF. The most popular MTF server is 74.86.171.201:27502. If you're in Europe you'll find plenty of Quads going on and hardly any one plays MTF in Europe, just standard TF. If you're interested in CustomTF there's a game every Sunday at tastyspleen.net:26666.

Comment

Working...
                          X