X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you so much guys!

You guys are very cooperative and helpful

Comment

Baker: Meaning I only have to install Qrack instead of Darkplaces after Steam and Quake1 is installed?

Comment

@@" Quake 1 have evolved and changed. However I still prefer the classic Quake. All the original layout and weapon design or how it look.
        Baker: Is it the Version 4.64 Engine X (GL Quake) ?

Comment

Installing Qrack or Darkplaces. Both are individual engines which each provide different things.
          QRack is what I use when I (very rarely) play online as it supports the basic "addons" that I cannot live without (custom models, hi-res textures).
          Darkplaces is listed 3rd because it does stray away from the original engine so to say. It's the engine with all the extra bells and whistles - those come at a price - paid in lowered FPS.

Try each of the engines in the order he listed. However if you are planning on using many "HD" things - Darkplaces would be your choice. If you are looking for faithful looking Quake the other 2 engines try first. Which engine to use is up to your preference. I will recommend doing a complete reinstall after each engine change however.

Edit: Was in process of typing this as you posted you latest reply. If you want the classic look - give DirectQ a try.

Comment

Thanks Mr Moderator

Then I'll stick with QRack for the GLquake I used to play.

Haha my ex clan mate is getting excited about it. Seems like the lights is on me now. They are counting on me to get Quake 1 run again and organize a LAN party

Comment

Try organizing a WAN party as well
              e|------------------------0---------------
              B|---------------0^1----------------1----
              G|---------------2------2------0^2-------
              D|---------------2-------2--2-------------
              A|---------------0------------------------
              E|----------------------------------------

Comment

foq: Sure once I get my Quake1 running successfully in my PC.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolMaker View Post
                  daniocampo1992, may I know where are you from?
                  I'm from Paraguay, I thought my signature was very explicit..
                  200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
                  14/05/1811

Comment

If you are looking for just the BASIC looking Quake, that you probably used to play, you can get it below, whichever client you want, just make sure you put everything into your Quake folder, and double click the client:

Pixel Quake (No GL), Regular Winquake : Download Winquake Now

Graphic Enhanced Quake (Not Pixels, and smoother look): Download GLQuake

If you want even PRETTIER, you can grab Qrack: Download QRack
                    If you do download Qrack, be sure to check out the homepage for it: Qrack Homepage

I wouldn't recommend Darkplaces for you as of yet, but maybe in the future, as Baker said.
                    uakene.com

Comment

Thank you so much Frenzy One thing I need to make myself clear. All it takes is to download the Winquake from the link you provide and install GLQuake and I'm all good to play? What about Frogbots and Multiplaying at other servers?

Daniocampo1992, wow that must be a beautiful and culture rich country. I have not been to Paraguay (South America) in my whole life. As my family and myself cannot afford such expensive flight ticket. I am from Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Famous for our iconic Petronas Twin Towers. if you know where it is just next to Singapore. Nice to meet you my name is CoolMaker I did not pay attention to your exquisite and explicit Signature.

Comment

I wish to play online with players around the world. But one thing is the internet connection stability. Wireless isn't ideal for gaming as the speed fluctuates.

Comment

If you connect to your ISP wirelessly, you're screwed and you need to switch to a wired plan if you want to play online. If you have a wired connection to your ISP and you connect to your router wirelessly, then just run some ethernet cable and get wired up.

Comment

Thanks foq for the information! All I need is Ethernet cable long enough to reach my room.

Comment

Loads of places sell ethernet cables already made, but in can be easier to make your own... although it's not very practical to buy a whole spool of wire, crimpers, and RJ-45 heads just to make one cable, but it's certainly worth it if you're making cables all the time.

Comment

How is it going with your game Coolmaker? Did you purchased Q1 already?

Daniocampo1992, wow that must be a beautiful and culture rich country. I have not been to Paraguay (South America) in my whole life. As my family and myself cannot afford such expensive flight ticket. I am from Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur. Famous for our iconic Petronas Twin Towers. if you know where it is just next to Singapore. Nice to meet you my name is CoolMaker I did not pay attention to your exquisite and explicit Signature.
                                I wrote a PM to you, seems that you didn't receive it..
                                200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
                                14/05/1811

Comment

Working...
                                X