Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven and OoPpEe

Hello guys!
    And sorry if this is not the way I meant to ask this question, but here I go..
    Many of the releases here, are work from both of you..
    And I have to say, I love them..

That's why I wanna know if I can share your work to other Quake communities, keeping the credits and promoting the site of course, since there are many Q1 players here in south america, they're all just hidden, and needs to see the light..

Waitin' for your reply..
    Greetings!

Dani
    200 años de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

I have no issue with that, just so long as I am credited clearly.
    Modders can also use my content in a mod they do, or even use in another game with the same rule (credited clearly). So feel free to post them elsewhere

Comment

Ok! Thanks OoPpEe!
      Of course you'll be credited..
      Now waiting Seven's reply..
      14/05/1811

Comment

Hello daniocampo1992,

My opinion regarding credits:

First of all, everything that is available in the internet can be used for everything if there is no special remark in attached readme´s (example: GPL and licenses).

If you credit other peoples work, you are a nice guy.
        But if you dont, you cares ? People will seldomly read readme`s (just like you )
        This is also what Baker says.

If you decide to credit people, you must do it right.
        "Doing it right" means, you would have to go back to the roots !
        The new age modellers often use work as their base from other people, that contributed to Quake community a long time ago.
        Their names will NEVER be forgotten from the long time Quake fans !
        Many new Quake fans never heard of PrimEvil for example.
        But he made unbelievable beautiful art for us. Also Moon[Drunk] and Ruohis MUST be mentioned (thank god Moon[Drunk] is still very active).

Many new Quake fans only heard of Rygel and his compilation and think he made it all from scratch.
        But there are so many authors in his pack... (Rygel is a nice guy and therefore credited all of them in his readme.)

To come to the point what I want to say:
        If you want to credit people, you have to credit them all back to its root !
        Example: Person "A" takes something from person "B" and only adds a gloss texture and changes one color from red to blue in diffuse texture.
        It would be wrong to only credit person "A" for it. Person "B" MUST be credit as well.
        And thats where the problem starts. You would have to find out who "B" is. If you are lucky, Person "A" credits him in his readme.

That is why giving credit is many times not easy and right/fair if its not made from scratch.
        I always try to go back to the roots in my releases and mention all authors (this is mandatory in a matter of respect/manner).
        This takes long searching time and now that internet starts to lose all of the old great Quake sites, it gets harder and harder.
        If you plan to implement some of Rygel´s content please remember this.

I hope you understood what I mean.
        Quake is old and some great authors are old too (long time inactive).

In the end I must say, that there are much more new-age authors contributing things than just OoPpEe and me.
        All of their ideas and work had influence in the work of others.

Kind regards,
        Seven

Comment

Of course Seven! I'll keep that in mind.. Thanks!
          I'll show you my post once finished..
          14/05/1811

Comment

Lets see the post

Comment

I'm gonna pm you in a while OoPpEe..
              14/05/1811

Comment

Originally posted by daniocampo1992 View Post
                Hello guys!
                And sorry if this is not the way I meant to ask this question, but here I go..
                Many of the releases here, are work from both of you..
                And I have to say, I love them..

That's why I wanna know if I can share your work to other Quake communities, keeping the credits and promoting the site of course, since there are many Q1 players here in south america, they're all just hidden, and needs to see the light..

Waitin' for your reply..
                Greetings!

Dani
                I agree, does need to see the light all around I like how you think daniocamp
                uakene.com

Comment

Thank you Frenzy..

@OoPpEe I'm having problems with the post, seems that the only way to check it is registering to the site..
                  Sorry..
                  14/05/1811

Comment

Working...
                  X