Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!

What's the command to slow down the txt so you can see it. The first time i type I can't see the txt and have to open the console to see it. I can't play tg's without fixing this.

I have the same problem when playing some custom maps too.. There's surely a command to fix that..
    200 aņos de mi querido PARAGUAY
    14/05/1811

Comment

con_chat is "0" ["0"] how many chat lines to show in a dedicated chat area
      con_chatpos is "0" ["0"] where to put chat (negative: lines from bottom of screen, positive: lines below notify, 0: at top)
      con_chatsize is "8" ["8"] chat text size in virtual 2D pixels (if con_chat is enabled)
      con_chatsound is "1" ["1"] enables chat sound to play on message
      con_chattime is "30" ["30"] how long chat lines last, in seconds
      con_chatwidth is "1.0" ["1.0"] relative chat window width
      con_closeontoggleconsole is "1" ["1"] allows toggleconsole binds to close the console as well
      con_completion_exec is "*.cfg" ["*.cfg"] completion pattern for the exec command
      con_completion_playdemo is "*.dem" ["*.dem"] completion pattern for the playdemo command
      con_completion_timedemo is "*.dem" ["*.dem"] completion pattern for the timedemo command
      con_nickcompletion is "1" ["1"] tab-complete nicks in console and message input
      con_nickcompletion_flags is "11" ["11"] Bitfield: 0: add nothing after completion. 1: add the last color after completion. 2: add a quote when starting a quote instead of the color. 4: will replace 1, will force color, even after a quote. 8: ignore non-alphanumerics. 16: ignore spaces.
      con_notify is "4" ["4"] how many notify lines to show
      con_notifyalign is "" [""] how to align notify lines: 0 = left, 0.5 = center, 1 = right, empty string = game default)
      con_notifysize is "8" ["8"] notify text size in virtual 2D pixels
      con_notifytime is "3" ["3"] how long notify lines last, in seconds
      con_textsize is "8" ["8"] console text size in virtual 2D pixels

maybe one of these could help

Comment

I dont know what text you mean.

1.) Do you mean the text from console and engine notifications on top of screen ?
        2.) In-Game text (which is centered by default). Example: "This door opens elsewhere"

If you mean 1.), then this is what you are looking for (if you use DarkPlaces):
        con_notify is "4" ["4"] how many notify lines to show
        con_notifyalign is "" [""] how to align notify lines: 0 = left, 0.5 = center, 1 = right, empty string = game default)
        con_notifysize is "8" ["8"] notify text size in virtual 2D pixels
        con_notifytime is "3" ["3"] how long notify lines last, in seconds
        con_textsize is "8" ["8"] console text size in virtual 2D pixels
        Especially con_notifytime should be interesting for you.
        Because 3 seconds is not much...

Other engines sure have similar commands.

Regards,
        Seven

Comment

I am thinking this is a maxfps issue.

The console prints one line of text and then updates the screen.

If you are using a high maxfps, it does this faster. Potentially a lot faster.

I'm not saying this is ideal, I'm just saying this is how the Quake code appears to work. So if you have a really fps, new messages are replaced with newer ones much faster.

If you can verify this is the problem, then maybe there is something that can be done to remedy this somehow.
          Quakeone.com - Being exactly one-half good and one-half evil has advantages. When a portal opens to the antimatter universe, my opposite is just me with a goatee.

So while you guys all have to fight your anti-matter counterparts, me and my evil twin will be drinking a beer laughing at you guys ...

Comment

Eh... I give up. My graphics are all messed up too.

Comment

The problem is when the first line is typed it is to high on the screen, and doesnt show on the screen. My txt is shown on the top left. Only after 2 or 3 messages are typed out does it show on the screen. So when i type the fist time and hit enter i cant see it.

Comment

try con_notify 1
                con_notifytime 8

I get that same behavior when running DQ and my WOG pak for CTF
                WARNING
                May be too intense for some viewers.
                Stress Relief Device
                ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                ---------------------------
                .--------------------------

Comment

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXX3lztmPFo&feature=fvst]YouTube - ‪the beatles - help!‬‏[/ame]
                  SpeakNow.QuakeOne.Com
                  [email protected]
                  AIM - EMHof1

Comment

OH WOW not the BAT SIGNAL!
                    WARNING
                    May be too intense for some viewers.
                    Stress Relief Device
                    ....BANG HEAD HERE....
                    ---------------------------
                    .--------------------------

Comment

MrsMindz and myself have both battled this problem. These mini-problems are usually defeated by the user and never mentioned in any type of feedback report....

GJ Souless.

yes, open console and type con , then hit tab button.
                      Read all your options,then adjust accordingly.
                      Want to get into playing Quake again? Click here for the Multiplayer-Startup kit! laissez bon temps rouler!

Comment

Bow!
                        uakene.com

Comment

Working...
                        X